1. Why was the Feuillants Club happy that the Jacobins no longer supported the petition?
- They disliked the wealth of the Jacobin Club
- They disliked the proposed Jacobin policies of the petition
- They were no longer burdened by the Jacobin extremists
- They suspected the Jacobin Club was planning another revolt
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. How did The Jacobin Club respond to the mass withdrawal of supporters?
- They relocated to the Tuileries to demand support of the king
- They hired agent-provocateurs to infiltrate the meetings of the opposition
- They Withdrew their support of the petition
- They opened fire on the major leaders of newly formed clubs
3. What did the petition falsely state, that eventually divided the Jacobin Club?
- That Marie Antoinette had become Queen
- That the National Assembly had been replaced by the National Guard
- That the King had abdicated
- That the Jacobin Club had already split
4. Which drafter of the petition would become a leader of the Jacobin Club?
- De L'aunay
5. Which petition divided opinion in the Jacobin Club?
- The Petition that demanded the army to begin invading Prussia and Austria
- The Petition that demanded a vote on which European monarch should take over from Louis as King
- The Petition demanding that no future monarchy replace Louis
- The Petition that demanded the immediate abolition of all political groups and societies