1. Which drafter of the petition would become the leader of the Girondin Group?
- Pierre de L'Orsay
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which petition divided opinion in the Jacobin Club?
- The Petition demanding that no future monarchy replace Louis
- The Petition that demanded a vote on which European monarch should take over from Louis as King
- The Petition that demanded the immediate abolition of all political groups and societies
- The Petition that demanded the army to begin invading Prussia and Austria
3. How did The Jacobin Club respond to the mass withdrawal of supporters?
- They Withdrew their support of the petition
- They hired agent-provocateurs to infiltrate the meetings of the opposition
- They opened fire on the major leaders of newly formed clubs
- They relocated to the Tuileries to demand support of the king
4. Which leading Jacobins were committed Monarchists?
- Danton and Maximillion
- Marat and Robespierre
- Lafayette and Lameth
- Robespierre and Lafayette
5. What did the petition falsely state, that eventually divided the Jacobin Club?
- That the National Assembly had been replaced by the National Guard
- That the Jacobin Club had already split
- That the King had abdicated
- That Marie Antoinette had become Queen