1. Who was left in the Jacobin Club following the Split?
- Lafayette and a large group of committed monarchists
- Robespierre, Lafayette and a small group of pro-war militants
- Robespierre and a small group of republicans
- Lafayette and a small group of republicans
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did the petition falsely state, that eventually divided the Jacobin Club?
- That Marie Antoinette had become Queen
- That the National Assembly had been replaced by the National Guard
- That the King had abdicated
- That the Jacobin Club had already split
3. Which drafter of the petition would become the leader of the Girondin Group?
- Pierre de L'Orsay
4. Why did most of the Jacobin supporters break away from the group?
- They supported the monarchy
- They supported the idea of a republic
- They believed the revolution was almost over
- They supported Robespierre and Marat
5. Why was the Feuillants Club happy that the Jacobins no longer supported the petition?
- They disliked the proposed Jacobin policies of the petition
- They suspected the Jacobin Club was planning another revolt
- They were no longer burdened by the Jacobin extremists
- They disliked the wealth of the Jacobin Club