1. Which country did he think was the prioty to beat?
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Where did Schlieffen propose to attack France through?
- Britain, Spain and Italy - the hot countries.
- Holland, Belgium and Luxembourg - the Benelux countries.
- Holland, Britain and Spain - the Floss countries.
- Belgium, Luxembourg and Greenland - the Benel countries.
3. Which one of these was not a reality?
- Were met by French at the battle of the Marne which halted the German advance.
- 60% of Germany's army was killed within 5 days of the plan being put into place.
- Germans held up by belgium army, backed up BEF.
- Russia mobilised in 10 days and Germany was forced to withdraw troops from the plan to defend eastern border.
- Germay did not take chance to take Paris, instead attacked east of capital.
- 2nd august 1914 - Germany invaded Luxembourg.
4. In what year was the original Schlieffen plan made?
5. In what year did Germany think that war with Russia was likely?