1. Von Molkte replaced Schlieffen and made some alterations to the plan in what year?
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these was something that Von Molkte changed about the plan?
- To avoid invading Holland and to concentrate on an attack through Belgium.
- To spread the army across all of the countries that had the possibility of attackin
- To make more men join the army.
- 20% of the soldiers would build/fix any of their weapons.
3. Why was the Schlieffen plan developed?
- To protect Germany.
- To prevent a war on two fronts.
- To increase Hitler's power.
- To strengthen the German army.
4. Which one of these was not a reality?
- Germans held up by belgium army, backed up BEF.
- Germay did not take chance to take Paris, instead attacked east of capital.
- 2nd august 1914 - Germany invaded Luxembourg.
- 60% of Germany's army was killed within 5 days of the plan being put into place.
- Russia mobilised in 10 days and Germany was forced to withdraw troops from the plan to defend eastern border.
- Were met by French at the battle of the Marne which halted the German advance.
5. Which country did he think was the prioty to beat?