1. Where did Schlieffen say that the remaining percentage of the army should go?
- To defend the eastern border of Germany to defend Russian attack.
- To spy on Russia as they were suspecting an attack from them.
- To fly over Russia and drop bombs.
- To defend the Eastern and western borders of the country against Russian attack.
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which one of these was not a reality?
- 60% of Germany's army was killed within 5 days of the plan being put into place.
- Russia mobilised in 10 days and Germany was forced to withdraw troops from the plan to defend eastern border.
- Were met by French at the battle of the Marne which halted the German advance.
- 2nd august 1914 - Germany invaded Luxembourg.
- Germay did not take chance to take Paris, instead attacked east of capital.
- Germans held up by belgium army, backed up BEF.
3. Von Molkte replaced Schlieffen and made some alterations to the plan in what year?
4. Which of these was something that Von Molkte changed about the plan?
- To make more men join the army.
- 20% of the soldiers would build/fix any of their weapons.
- To avoid invading Holland and to concentrate on an attack through Belgium.
- To spread the army across all of the countries that had the possibility of attackin
5. The army chief believed:
- Prioroty was to take France quickly, forcing to surrender russia before they had a chance to mobilize troops.
- To take Belgium quickly, forcing to surrender France before the army was put together.
- Prioroty was to take Russia, forcing to surrender france before had chance to mobilize troops.
- To take Britain quickly by bombing them as they had strong alliances with other countries.