1. According to the episcopal census of 1603, how many people took communion in an Anglican church?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did Anthony Cope's Bill and Book propose?
- The removal of titles and offices of Archbishops
- A national Presbyterian system
- A Genevan Prayer book
- To sack Archbishop Whitgift
3. How many recusants were there in 1603?
4. What did Archbishop Whitgift's Three Articles require of ministers?
- to submit themselves to the Elizabeth Church
- accept Royal Supremacy and agree that the Book of Common Prayer had nothing contrary to the word of God
- take an 'ex officio oath'
5. How did Puritans react to John Field's writings?
- They put up with it
- They were appalled
- They strongly supported it