1. What were the views of Conformist Puritans?
- They accepted the Queen's demand for uniformity
- They rebelled against the Anglican Church
- They accepted Catholics and Protestants alike
- They accepted the Queen's title of 'Supreme Governor'
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did John Guy say about the Puritans?
- They had "dwindled into numerical insignificance"
- They posed no serious threat
- They posed a singificant threat
- There were no more than 1000 alive at the end of Elizabeth's reign
3. What did Thomas Cartwright want?
- He wanted the removal of titles and offices of archbishops, deans and archdeacons
- He wanted a national Presbyterian system
- He wanted Elizabeth deposed
- He wanted the bishops to have more important positions in the Elizabethan Church
4. When did Archbishop Grindal refuse to suppress prophesyings?
5. Who was named the 'new Messiah' by extremist Puritans and when did he die?
- William Hacket
- the Earl of Leicester
- John Field
- Thomas Cartwright