1. Which written work suggested that reformation should occur without being instigated by those in authority?
- the Martin Marprelate Tracts of 1588-1589
- Browne's 1582 'Treatise of Reformation'
- Walter Travers' 1587 'Church Discipline'
- John Field's 'Admonitions to Parliament'
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. How did Puritans react to John Field's writings?
- They put up with it
- They were appalled
- They strongly supported it
3. When Archbishop Grindal called on the Bishops, how many stated that they approved on prophesyings?
- 9 out of 10
- 10 out of 15
- 6 out of 15
- 8 out of 10
4. Who was named the 'new Messiah' by extremist Puritans and when did he die?
- John Field
- William Hacket
- the Earl of Leicester
- Thomas Cartwright
5. How many clergymen refused to sign the agreement to Parker's 1566 Advertisements and were consequently dismissed?