1. What were the views of Conformist Puritans?
- They accepted the Queen's demand for uniformity
- They accepted the Queen's title of 'Supreme Governor'
- They rebelled against the Anglican Church
- They accepted Catholics and Protestants alike
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. How many recusants were there in 1603?
3. What did John Field's 'Admonitions to Parliament' say about the Prayer Book?
- it was too Calvinist
- "popish dunghill"
- "popish idolatry"
4. Which written work undermined the Ordinal and the Book of Common Prayer?
- the Martin Marprelate Tracts of 1588-1589
- Walter Travers' 'Church Discipline'
- Browne's 1582 'Treatise of Reformation'
- John Field's 'Admonitions to Parliament'
5. What did John Guy say about the Puritans?
- There were no more than 1000 alive at the end of Elizabeth's reign
- They posed a singificant threat
- They posed no serious threat
- They had "dwindled into numerical insignificance"