1. What did Puritans Bastwick, Burton and Prynne criticise in the pamphlets they wrote?
- Laud and his bishops
- Charles' Catholic tendencies
- The monarchy
- Traditional hierarchy
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was the best known and most profitable source of additional income?
- Ship Money
- The revival of certain monopolies
- Recusancy fines
3. Serious opposition emerged after the John Hampden case. What year did this take place?
4. Forest Fines were another source of income. The boundaries of the royal forests were declared to be those of which century?
5. How many years did Charles rule without the help of Parliament?