1. What did Puritans Bastwick, Burton and Prynne criticise in the pamphlets they wrote?
- Traditional hierarchy
- Charles' Catholic tendencies
- Laud and his bishops
- The monarchy
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. The Distraint of Knighthood applied to all men with a yearly income of over what?
3. How many times did King Charles I visit Scotland during Personal Rule?
- Three times
- He visited only once
- He did not pay a single visit
4. In what year was Laud appointed Archbishop of Canterbury?
5. Which of these was NOT an effect of the attempted imposition of Laudian reform in Scotland?
- Opponents of the Prayer Book formed a National Covenant to resist the changes
- Scotland was brought into line with England's religious policies
- Riots broke out in churches where the new Prayer Book was used
- Led to the Bishops Wars