1. Ship Money was a traditional tax used on coastal counties in times of national danger. In what year did Charles extend it to inland counties?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. When was Thomas Wentworth sent to Ireland as Lord Deputy?
3. Which of these was NOT one of Laud's aims?
- To improve the state of Church buildings
- To bring order and uniformity to the Church
- To make churches plainer and simpler
- To raise the status of the clergy
4. Initially, how much money was Ship Money bringing in per year?
5. What brought the Personal Rule to an end?
- Charles establishing a new Parliament
- Charles met with the Scottish Parliament
- Charles' calling of the Short Parliament
- Charles' calling of the Long Parliament