1. Wentworth imposed a policy of 'Thorough' in Ireland. Which of these was NOT one of the aims of this style of government?
- To promote freedom and equality
- Bring the country into order
- Increase the authority and power of the Crown
- Increase the efficiency of government
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Serious opposition emerged after the John Hampden case. What year did this take place?
3. How much money did the Distraint of Knighthood fines bring in?
4. In its first 3 years, Ship Money was extremely successful, despite complaints. What was the payment rate?
5. In which year did Charles announce that a new Prayer Book was to be used in Scotland?