1. Wentworth imposed a policy of 'Thorough' in Ireland. Which of these was NOT one of the aims of this style of government?
- To promote freedom and equality
- Increase the authority and power of the Crown
- Increase the efficiency of government
- Bring the country into order
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Forest Fines were another source of income. The boundaries of the royal forests were declared to be those of which century?
3. Which religious group had the King's support in the 1630s?
4. Serious opposition emerged after the John Hampden case. What year did this take place?
5. Initially, how much money was Ship Money bringing in per year?