1. Why did the Nazis need the support of the Centre Party?
- To pass the Emergency Decrees
- To pass the Enabling Act
- To gain more votes
- To allow a Papal Visit
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did the Reichstag Fire Decrees do?
- They removed civil rights: freedom of speech, of assembly, of arrest...
- They removed the political parties' rights:broadcasts, propaganda...
- They removed the communists' rights:political party, votes, formation...
3. By mid-July Germany was a...?
- One party state
- A state using first past the post
- A dictatorship ruled by Hindenburg
- Without government
4. What did the Enabling Act do?
- It allowed Hitler to pass decrees without the support of the Reichstag
- It allowed Hitler to become president
- It allowed Hitler to enable and disable the armed forces
- It allowed Hitler to have the final say on acts that were passed
5. Who were blamed for the fire?
- The Socialist Party
- The Centre Party
- The Communist Party
- The Nazi Party