1. Which other hormones are involved in the menstrual cycle?
- Protease and progesterone
- LH (Lutenising hormone) and progesterone
- Progesterone and testosterone
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. Where does the egg start to mature?
- The pituary gland
- The Fallopian tubes
- The ovaries
- The uterus
3. What is another purpose of oestrogen?
- Makes the period start
- Makes the womb lining build up for pregnancy and slows down FSH production
- Increases FSH production
- Makes the woman want to have children
4. What happens to the lining of the womb immediately after the mature egg is released?
- It stays thick for a few days
- It stops thickening
- It begins to be shed
- It begins to thicken
5. Why does the pill thin the lining of the womb?
- It makes it harder for eggs to mature
- It makes periods less painful
- It makes it less likely to accept a fertilised egg
- It makes an egg less likely to be released