1. What is the average length of the menstrual cycle?
- 30 days
- 3 weeks
- 28 days
- 29 days
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. What happens to the lining of the womb immediately after the mature egg is released?
- It stays thick for a few days
- It stops thickening
- It begins to be shed
- It begins to thicken
3. What are the hormones used in the contraceptive pill?
- Oestrogen and testosterone
- Oestrogen and progesterone
- LH and progesterone
- Progesterone and testosterone
4. What does FSH do?
- Causes the ovaries to make oestrogen
- Starts a period
- Makes the ovaries release an egg
- Makes the egg mature
5. Who can't take the pill?
- Heavy drinkers, smokers and people who use recreational drugs
- People who have/had had breast cancer in the last 5 years, are smokers and have heart disease/diabetes
- People who have had a heart attack in the last 5 years, or who have Type 2 diabetes