1. What is the purpose of oestrogen?
- They cause the egg to be released
- They make the woman want to have sex
- They make the egg mature
- They make the woman want to have children
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. What happens when the egg is not fertilised?
- The egg returns to the ovaries
- The dead egg and the womb lining are shed
- The egg is released from the womb
- The lining of the womb is shed but the egg remains in the uterus
3. What are the hormones used in the contraceptive pill?
- Oestrogen and testosterone
- LH and progesterone
- Progesterone and testosterone
- Oestrogen and progesterone
4. What is another purpose of oestrogen?
- Makes the womb lining build up for pregnancy and slows down FSH production
- Makes the period start
- Makes the woman want to have children
- Increases FSH production
5. What happens as the egg matures?
- The lining of the womb remains thin
- Period cramps
- The lining of the womb thickens
- The lining of the womb is shed