1. What is the average length of the menstrual cycle?
- 3 weeks
- 29 days
- 28 days
- 30 days
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which other hormones are involved in the menstrual cycle?
- Protease and progesterone
- LH (Lutenising hormone) and progesterone
- Progesterone and testosterone
3. What does FSH do?
- Starts a period
- Causes the ovaries to make oestrogen
- Makes the egg mature
- Makes the ovaries release an egg
4. Why does the pill prevent the release of LH?
- It means that mature eggs can't be released
- It stops period pain
- It stops eggs maturing
- It slows down the maturing of eggs
5. Why does the pill thin the lining of the womb?
- It makes an egg less likely to be released
- It makes it less likely to accept a fertilised egg
- It makes periods less painful
- It makes it harder for eggs to mature