1. What does FSH do?
- Makes the egg mature
- Causes the ovaries to make oestrogen
- Makes the ovaries release an egg
- Starts a period
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. What happens when the egg is not fertilised?
- The lining of the womb is shed but the egg remains in the uterus
- The dead egg and the womb lining are shed
- The egg returns to the ovaries
- The egg is released from the womb
3. What is the average length of the menstrual cycle?
- 3 weeks
- 28 days
- 30 days
- 29 days
4. Where are the hormones involved in the menstrual cycle created?
- The pancreas
- The brain
- The pituary gland
- The hippocampus
5. What is the disadvantage of the pill?
- It can increase the risk of breast and cervical cancer if used for more than 5 years
- It causes side effects such as vomiting
- It can cause infertility
- It can increase the risk of ovarian cancer