1. What is the purpose of LH?
- They stimulate the release of an egg when their levels reach their peak.
- They cause the womb lining to begin building up again after it has been shed
- They stimulate the ovaries to release oestrogen
- They cause the egg to mature
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why does the pill prevent the release of LH?
- It slows down the maturing of eggs
- It means that mature eggs can't be released
- It stops eggs maturing
- It stops period pain
3. Which other hormones are involved in the menstrual cycle?
- LH (Lutenising hormone) and progesterone
- Progesterone and testosterone
- Protease and progesterone
4. What is the advantage of the pill?
- It is 95% effective
- It is 90% effective
- It is 99% effective
- It prevents ovarian cancer
5. Where are the hormones involved in the menstrual cycle created?
- The pituary gland
- The pancreas
- The brain
- The hippocampus