1. Who can't take the pill?
- People who have/had had breast cancer in the last 5 years, are smokers and have heart disease/diabetes
- Heavy drinkers, smokers and people who use recreational drugs
- People who have had a heart attack in the last 5 years, or who have Type 2 diabetes
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. What happens when the egg is not fertilised?
- The dead egg and the womb lining are shed
- The lining of the womb is shed but the egg remains in the uterus
- The egg is released from the womb
- The egg returns to the ovaries
3. What is the disadvantage of the pill?
- It can increase the risk of ovarian cancer
- It can increase the risk of breast and cervical cancer if used for more than 5 years
- It can cause infertility
- It causes side effects such as vomiting
4. What is the purpose of LH?
- They stimulate the ovaries to release oestrogen
- They cause the egg to mature
- They stimulate the release of an egg when their levels reach their peak.
- They cause the womb lining to begin building up again after it has been shed
5. Why does the pill thin the lining of the womb?
- It makes it less likely to accept a fertilised egg
- It makes periods less painful
- It makes an egg less likely to be released
- It makes it harder for eggs to mature