1. What happens as the egg matures?
- The lining of the womb remains thin
- Period cramps
- The lining of the womb thickens
- The lining of the womb is shed
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are the hormones used in the contraceptive pill?
- Oestrogen and testosterone
- Oestrogen and progesterone
- LH and progesterone
- Progesterone and testosterone
3. What happens to the lining of the womb immediately after the mature egg is released?
- It stops thickening
- It stays thick for a few days
- It begins to thicken
- It begins to be shed
4. Why does the pill prevent the release of LH?
- It means that mature eggs can't be released
- It stops period pain
- It stops eggs maturing
- It slows down the maturing of eggs
5. What happens when the egg is not fertilised?
- The lining of the womb is shed but the egg remains in the uterus
- The dead egg and the womb lining are shed
- The egg returns to the ovaries
- The egg is released from the womb