1. White dwarfs are...?
- Hot, dense,and solid cores
- Cool, dense, and solid cores
- Hot cores
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. The nuclear fusion of nuclei produces...?
- Hydroxide nuclei
- Helium nuclei
- Hydrogen nuclei
3. Why are main sequence stars stable?
- The conditions in space (eg. heat and light)
- The inward force of the heat from fusion is balanced by the outward force of gravity
- The inward force of gravity is balanced by the outward pressure from the heat thats formed by fusion
- There are no forces in main sequence stars, which makes them stable.
4. When red giants become unstable they release their outer layers as a...?
- Hydrogen nebula
- Planetary nebula
- Purple nebula
- Dust and gas nebula
5. What makes red giants and red super giants red?
- They become red because too much nuclear fusion is taking place
- The sun
- They become red because their surface cools
- They become red because their surface heats up