1. What makes red giants and red super giants red?
- They become red because too much nuclear fusion is taking place
- The sun
- They become red because their surface cools
- They become red because their surface heats up
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. The nuclear fusion of nuclei produces...?
- Helium nuclei
- Hydroxide nuclei
- Hydrogen nuclei
3. White dwarfs are...?
- Cool, dense, and solid cores
- Hot, dense,and solid cores
- Hot cores
4. Why are main sequence stars stable?
- There are no forces in main sequence stars, which makes them stable.
- The conditions in space (eg. heat and light)
- The inward force of gravity is balanced by the outward pressure from the heat thats formed by fusion
- The inward force of the heat from fusion is balanced by the outward force of gravity
5. Nuclear fusion is...?
- The joining of small atomic nuclei
- The fusion of nuclear weapons
- Hydrogen and helium nuclei forming
- Helium nuclei joining to form hydrogn nuclei