1. When red giants become unstable they release their outer layers as a...?
- Planetary nebula
- Hydrogen nebula
- Dust and gas nebula
- Purple nebula
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. What do small stars, much like our sun, swell up to form?
- Super giants
- Red giants
- Red super giants
- Green giants
3. Why are main sequence stars stable?
- The conditions in space (eg. heat and light)
- The inward force of the heat from fusion is balanced by the outward force of gravity
- The inward force of gravity is balanced by the outward pressure from the heat thats formed by fusion
- There are no forces in main sequence stars, which makes them stable.
4. What do stars initially form from?
- Clouds of dust and gas
- Hydrogen nuclei
- Nuclear fusion
- They're ejected from the sun
5. What makes red giants and red super giants red?
- The sun
- They become red because their surface cools
- They become red because too much nuclear fusion is taking place
- They become red because their surface heats up