1. Nuclear fusion is...?
- The joining of small atomic nuclei
- Hydrogen and helium nuclei forming
- Helium nuclei joining to form hydrogn nuclei
- The fusion of nuclear weapons
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. What do stars initially form from?
- They're ejected from the sun
- Clouds of dust and gas
- Nuclear fusion
- Hydrogen nuclei
3. When red giants become unstable they release their outer layers as a...?
- Purple nebula
- Planetary nebula
- Dust and gas nebula
- Hydrogen nebula
4. What do small stars, much like our sun, swell up to form?
- Super giants
- Green giants
- Red giants
- Red super giants
5. What makes red giants and red super giants red?
- They become red because too much nuclear fusion is taking place
- The sun
- They become red because their surface cools
- They become red because their surface heats up