1. Why did the Campbell Case create a political crisis?
- Campbell turned out to be innocent, Labour was humiliated and lost support
- After Labour dropped charges against the Communist Campbell, it was accused of being Communist
- Labour pressed charges against Campbell and was accused of being ruthless
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these was NOT one of the "Five Giants" of the Beveridge Report, which started the welfare state?
3. Who was deputy prime minister in Churchill's war coalition, and later Prime Minister?
- Clement Attlee
- Ernest Bevin
- Aneurin Bevan
- Hugh Dalton
4. Which key policy did Labour manage to achieve in the late 1940s?
- Free trade
- Tariff reform
- Nationalisation of staple industries
- The Gold Standard
5. Who originally founded the Independent Labour Party in 1892?
- Arthur Henderson
- Ramsay MacDonald
- Keir Hardie
- William Gladstone