1. Which Communist country did Labour make Trade Treaties with in 1924?
- Soviet Russia
- North Korea
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why did the Campbell Case create a political crisis?
- After Labour dropped charges against the Communist Campbell, it was accused of being Communist
- Labour pressed charges against Campbell and was accused of being ruthless
- Campbell turned out to be innocent, Labour was humiliated and lost support
3. Who was deputy prime minister in Churchill's war coalition, and later Prime Minister?
- Aneurin Bevan
- Clement Attlee
- Ernest Bevin
- Hugh Dalton
4. How did World War One change the role of Labour?
- It got them out of supporting armed rebellion in Ireland
- It raised the status of the trade unions, Labour's main premise
- They split in 1916 and never fully recovered
- It didn't really have an effect on them.
5. Who recommended an unorthodox economic strategy in 1931 but was rejected by MacDonald?
- Stafford Cripps
- Oswald Mosley
- Philip Snowden
- JM Keynes