1. Which event weakened the Second Labour Government from the start in 1929?
- The General Strike
- The rise of the BUF
- The Depression
- The publication of the Zinoviev letter
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these was NOT one of the "Five Giants" of the Beveridge Report, which started the welfare state?
3. Which of these was NOT a feature of the NHS in 1951?
- Treatment in a sanatoria for TB
- Free prescriptions
- Free dental care
- Private wards
4. Which organisation was set up to advise MacDonald on the economic crisis in 1931?
- The May Committee
- The Supreme Economic Council
- The Samuel Commission
- A committee under Sir Eric Geddes
5. Which paper became pro-Labour in 1938, winning them support?
- The Times
- The Daily Mail
- The Daily Mirror
- The Daily Express