1. Which event weakened the Second Labour Government from the start in 1929?
- The General Strike
- The Depression
- The publication of the Zinoviev letter
- The rise of the BUF
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who was deputy prime minister in Churchill's war coalition, and later Prime Minister?
- Clement Attlee
- Hugh Dalton
- Ernest Bevin
- Aneurin Bevan
3. Which key policy did Labour manage to achieve in the late 1940s?
- Nationalisation of staple industries
- Tariff reform
- The Gold Standard
- Free trade
4. How did World War One change the role of Labour?
- It didn't really have an effect on them.
- They split in 1916 and never fully recovered
- It raised the status of the trade unions, Labour's main premise
- It got them out of supporting armed rebellion in Ireland
5. Which paper became pro-Labour in 1938, winning them support?
- The Daily Mirror
- The Daily Express
- The Times
- The Daily Mail