1. Why did Labour's status as a minority government cause problems?
- They depended on Liberal support, preventing them from passing any Socialist reforms
- They depended on the Irish Nationalists for support
- The Conservatives were able to block their policies in the House of Lords
- The people were able to overthrow them
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these was NOT a feature of the NHS in 1951?
- Treatment in a sanatoria for TB
- Free prescriptions
- Free dental care
- Private wards
3. Who was deputy prime minister in Churchill's war coalition, and later Prime Minister?
- Clement Attlee
- Hugh Dalton
- Ernest Bevin
- Aneurin Bevan
4. Which key policy did Labour manage to achieve in the late 1940s?
- Nationalisation of staple industries
- Tariff reform
- The Gold Standard
- Free trade
5. How did World War One change the role of Labour?
- It raised the status of the trade unions, Labour's main premise
- It didn't really have an effect on them.
- They split in 1916 and never fully recovered
- It got them out of supporting armed rebellion in Ireland