1. Who was deputy prime minister in Churchill's war coalition, and later Prime Minister?
- Hugh Dalton
- Clement Attlee
- Aneurin Bevan
- Ernest Bevin
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which organisation was set up to advise MacDonald on the economic crisis in 1931?
- The May Committee
- The Supreme Economic Council
- The Samuel Commission
- A committee under Sir Eric Geddes
3. Which key policy did Labour manage to achieve in the late 1940s?
- Free trade
- Nationalisation of staple industries
- The Gold Standard
- Tariff reform
4. How did World War One change the role of Labour?
- It didn't really have an effect on them.
- They split in 1916 and never fully recovered
- It raised the status of the trade unions, Labour's main premise
- It got them out of supporting armed rebellion in Ireland
5. Which of these was NOT one of the "Five Giants" of the Beveridge Report, which started the welfare state?