1. Judiciary Review means...
- A system whereby the High Court oversees decisions of public bodies
- The independence of the Judiciary
- The state should govern its citizens
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. How many Judges are in the Court of Appeal?
3. What is the Role of the Lord Chancellor?
- Head of the Ministry for Justice
- Head of the Judiciary
- Sit as a Judge in the House of Lords.
- Takes a role in Judiciary appointments process
4. Constitutional Reform Act 2005 did what?
- Maintained the role but the powers of the Lord Chancellor have been curtailed
- Gives senior judges compatibility of legislation with Human Rights
- Divided the State power into three types; executive, judiciary and the legislative
- Now have made the number of years post-qualification experience eligible to become a Judge.
5. What is meant by the term Lay Judge?
- A non-legally qualified person
- A legally qualified person.
- The Lord Chancellor
- The Executive