Skip to content
Back to quiz
6. Hippies grew their hair long, wore distinctive clothes and developed an 'alternative lifestyle'.
7. Some of the student movement members called themselves 'Weathermen' and began to support violence to achieve their aims. What did they take their name from?
- The name of the band - The Weathermen
- A Bob Dylan lyric 'You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows'
- A Juniper song called 'Weatherman'
8. ... became the hippie capital of America.
- San Francisco
9. Mainly ... decided to 'drop out' of society and become hippies.
- young people
- old people
- middle aged people
10. Who encouraged people to 'drop out' of society and coined the phrase "turn on, tune in and drop out" in 1968?
- Huey Newton
- Tom Hayden
- Timothy Leary
- Bobby Seale
- Tom Hobden