Skip to content
Back to quiz
6. Mainly ... decided to 'drop out' of society and become hippies.
- old people
- young people
- middle aged people
7. When did the student movement become more extreme in its views?
- In the early 1970s
- In the early 1960s
- In the late 1960s
- In the late 1950s
8. Who encouraged people to 'drop out' of society and coined the phrase "turn on, tune in and drop out" in 1968?
- Bobby Seale
- Huey Newton
- Tom Hobden
- Timothy Leary
- Tom Hayden
9. Some of the student movement members called themselves 'Weathermen' and began to support violence to achieve their aims. What did they take their name from?
- A Bob Dylan lyric 'You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows'
- A Juniper song called 'Weatherman'
- The name of the band - The Weathermen
10. The Weathermen bombed ...
- universities with policies they didn't agree with.
- army recruitment centres and government buildings.
- army training camps.
- politicians' homes and government buildings.