1. Hippies grew their hair long, wore distinctive clothes and developed an 'alternative lifestyle'.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Hippies often settled...
- in baseball pitches.
- outside important government buildings to make a stand.
- in communes.
- in fields.
3. Mainly ... decided to 'drop out' of society and become hippies.
- middle aged people
- young people
- old people
4. ... became the hippie capital of America.
- San Francisco
5. Why were hippies called 'flower children'?
- Because they were at one with nature.
- Because they rejected society's idea of a home and instead camped out in fields.
- Because they often wore flowers and handed them out to the police.
- Because they campaigned to save the flowers and natural habitats.