1. Why was the hippie movement of particular concern to the older generation?
- Because hippies weren't productive so they were worried about what would become of the world when their generation died.
- Because hippies were violent and they saw them as a threat.
- Because hippies refused to work and experimented in drugs such as marijuana and LSD.
- Because hippies talked of the unimportance of the older generation so they were worried the government would latch onto this view and stop giving them pensions etc.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Hippies often settled...
- in communes.
- in fields.
- in baseball pitches.
- outside important government buildings to make a stand.
3. Mainly ... decided to 'drop out' of society and become hippies.
- young people
- middle aged people
- old people
4. Hippies grew their hair long, wore distinctive clothes and developed an 'alternative lifestyle'.
5. Why were hippies called 'flower children'?
- Because they were at one with nature.
- Because they rejected society's idea of a home and instead camped out in fields.
- Because they often wore flowers and handed them out to the police.
- Because they campaigned to save the flowers and natural habitats.