- Created by: Martha Boyd
- Created on: 11-06-13 13:45
1. Hippies often settled...
- in communes.
- in fields.
- in baseball pitches.
- outside important government buildings to make a stand.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. The Weathermen bombed ...
- army recruitment centres and government buildings.
- army training camps.
- universities with policies they didn't agree with.
- politicians' homes and government buildings.
3. Who encouraged people to 'drop out' of society and coined the phrase "turn on, tune in and drop out" in 1968?
- Huey Newton
- Tom Hayden
- Timothy Leary
- Bobby Seale
- Tom Hobden
4. When did the student movement become more extreme in its views?
- In the late 1950s
- In the early 1970s
- In the late 1960s
- In the early 1960s
5. Why was the hippie movement of particular concern to the older generation?
- Because hippies weren't productive so they were worried about what would become of the world when their generation died.
- Because hippies were violent and they saw them as a threat.
- Because hippies refused to work and experimented in drugs such as marijuana and LSD.
- Because hippies talked of the unimportance of the older generation so they were worried the government would latch onto this view and stop giving them pensions etc.