1. Hippies grew their hair long, wore distinctive clothes and developed an 'alternative lifestyle'.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why were hippies called 'flower children'?
- Because they rejected society's idea of a home and instead camped out in fields.
- Because they campaigned to save the flowers and natural habitats.
- Because they often wore flowers and handed them out to the police.
- Because they were at one with nature.
3. Some of the student movement members called themselves 'Weathermen' and began to support violence to achieve their aims. What did they take their name from?
- A Bob Dylan lyric 'You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows'
- A Juniper song called 'Weatherman'
- The name of the band - The Weathermen
4. Who encouraged people to 'drop out' of society and coined the phrase "turn on, tune in and drop out" in 1968?
- Tom Hobden
- Bobby Seale
- Timothy Leary
- Tom Hayden
- Huey Newton
5. Mainly ... decided to 'drop out' of society and become hippies.
- young people
- old people
- middle aged people