1. Why was the hippie movement of particular concern to the older generation?
- Because hippies weren't productive so they were worried about what would become of the world when their generation died.
- Because hippies were violent and they saw them as a threat.
- Because hippies refused to work and experimented in drugs such as marijuana and LSD.
- Because hippies talked of the unimportance of the older generation so they were worried the government would latch onto this view and stop giving them pensions etc.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. ... became the hippie capital of America.
- San Francisco
3. Hippies grew their hair long, wore distinctive clothes and developed an 'alternative lifestyle'.
4. Some of the student movement members called themselves 'Weathermen' and began to support violence to achieve their aims. What did they take their name from?
- A Bob Dylan lyric 'You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows'
- A Juniper song called 'Weatherman'
- The name of the band - The Weathermen
5. When did the student movement become more extreme in its views?
- In the late 1960s
- In the early 1960s
- In the late 1950s
- In the early 1970s