1. Some of the student movement members called themselves 'Weathermen' and began to support violence to achieve their aims. What did they take their name from?
- A Bob Dylan lyric 'You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows'
- A Juniper song called 'Weatherman'
- The name of the band - The Weathermen
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. ... became the hippie capital of America.
- San Francisco
3. Hippies often settled...
- in communes.
- in fields.
- in baseball pitches.
- outside important government buildings to make a stand.
4. Why was the hippie movement of particular concern to the older generation?
- Because hippies refused to work and experimented in drugs such as marijuana and LSD.
- Because hippies were violent and they saw them as a threat.
- Because hippies talked of the unimportance of the older generation so they were worried the government would latch onto this view and stop giving them pensions etc.
- Because hippies weren't productive so they were worried about what would become of the world when their generation died.
5. The Weathermen bombed ...
- universities with policies they didn't agree with.
- politicians' homes and government buildings.
- army recruitment centres and government buildings.
- army training camps.