1. Some of the student movement members called themselves 'Weathermen' and began to support violence to achieve their aims. What did they take their name from?
- The name of the band - The Weathermen
- A Bob Dylan lyric 'You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows'
- A Juniper song called 'Weatherman'
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why was the hippie movement of particular concern to the older generation?
- Because hippies refused to work and experimented in drugs such as marijuana and LSD.
- Because hippies were violent and they saw them as a threat.
- Because hippies talked of the unimportance of the older generation so they were worried the government would latch onto this view and stop giving them pensions etc.
- Because hippies weren't productive so they were worried about what would become of the world when their generation died.
3. Hippies grew their hair long, wore distinctive clothes and developed an 'alternative lifestyle'.
4. Why were hippies called 'flower children'?
- Because they rejected society's idea of a home and instead camped out in fields.
- Because they campaigned to save the flowers and natural habitats.
- Because they often wore flowers and handed them out to the police.
- Because they were at one with nature.
5. When did the student movement become more extreme in its views?
- In the early 1970s
- In the late 1960s
- In the late 1950s
- In the early 1960s