1. Why was the hippie movement of particular concern to the older generation?
- Because hippies talked of the unimportance of the older generation so they were worried the government would latch onto this view and stop giving them pensions etc.
- Because hippies weren't productive so they were worried about what would become of the world when their generation died.
- Because hippies refused to work and experimented in drugs such as marijuana and LSD.
- Because hippies were violent and they saw them as a threat.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Hippies grew their hair long, wore distinctive clothes and developed an 'alternative lifestyle'.
3. Who encouraged people to 'drop out' of society and coined the phrase "turn on, tune in and drop out" in 1968?
- Timothy Leary
- Tom Hayden
- Tom Hobden
- Bobby Seale
- Huey Newton
4. ... became the hippie capital of America.
- San Francisco
5. When did the student movement become more extreme in its views?
- In the early 1970s
- In the late 1960s
- In the late 1950s
- In the early 1960s