1. Why do some people object to chlorination of water?
- Chlorine is a toxic gas.
- It prevents plants and vegetation from growing.
- It is costly.
- Sources of Chlorine are limiting.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. In a displacement reaction, in the order of Cl2, Br2 and I2, what are the colour of the halogens in cyclohexane?
- Pale-green, Brown, Violet
- Pale-green, Orange, Violet
- Pale-green, Orange, Brown
- Orange, Pale-green, Violet
3. What is a precipitation reaction?
- When electrons are removed from an atom.
- When a carbonate is heated to produce a metal oxide and carbon dioxide gas.
- The formation of a solid from a solution during a chemical reaction.
- When a more reactive halogen displaces a less reactive halogen in a compound.
4. What is 'Disproportionation'?
- A reaction in which an element is reduced.
- A reaction in which an element is neither reduced or oxidised.
- A reaction in which the same element is both reduced and oxidised.
- A reaction in which an element is oxidised.
5. Which sub-shell do the highest energy electrons belong to in a Group 7 element?
- d sub-shell
- p sub-shell
- s sub-shell
- f sub-shell