1. In a displacement reaction, in the order of Cl2, Br2 and I2, what are the colour of the halogens in cyclohexane?
- Pale-green, Brown, Violet
- Orange, Pale-green, Violet
- Pale-green, Orange, Violet
- Pale-green, Orange, Brown
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. How many electrons are in the outer p sub-shell of a Group 7 element?
3. Which of these is an example of a disproportionation reaction?
- Ag+ (aq) + Cl- (aq) -> AgCl (s)
- Cl2 (aq) + H2O (l) -> HClO (aq) + HCl (aq)
- Cl2 (aq) + 2Br- (a) -> 2Cl- (aq) + I2 (aq)
- 2Ca (s) + O2 (g) -> 2CaO (s)
4. What is formed when a Group 7 element reacts with a metal?
- Ionic halide with an X- ion.
- Metallic halide with an X+ ion.
- Ionic halide with an X+ ion.
- Covalent halide with an X- ion.
5. What solution is added to a halide solution to detect the presence of halide ions?
- Nitric Acid (HNO3).
- Cyclohexane (C6H12).
- Aqueous solution of Silver Nitrate (AgNO3).
- Aqueous Solution of Hydrochloric Acid (HCl).