1. What did his wife, Henrietta Maria, suggest?
- Continue attempts to settle with parliament
- Discontinue attempts to settle with parliament
- Fight until victory
- Allow parliament to "win"
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why were "clubmen" more partial towards the NMA?
- Fairfax was a national representative of the "clubmen"
- The NMA were more likely to include men such as the "clubmen" into their army than the Royalist army
- NMA were closer to winning the war and Fairfax was willing to negotiate
- The NMA supported local causes financially and socially
3. How many arsenals did parliament hold?
- One; the Tower of London
- Two; the Tower of London and Portsmouth
- Three; the Tower of London, Hull and Portsmouth
- Two; the Tower of London and Hull
4. What disturbed Royalist supporters about this alliance with the Irish?
- Charles's willingness to allow Catholic troops arms in England
- Charles's willingness to talk to Catholics
- Charles's willingness to allow Catholics into England
- Charles's willingness to be friends with Catholics
5. Who was defeated at Marston Moor? When was it?
- Royalists defeated; July 1644
- Royalists defeated; May 1644
- Parliament defeated; July 1644
- Parliament defeated; May 1644