1. Who was defeated at Marston Moor? When was it?
- Royalists defeated; July 1644
- Royalists defeated; May 1644
- Parliament defeated; July 1644
- Parliament defeated; May 1644
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was the general demeanour of NMA officials?
- Godly, regularly paid, professional and motivated
- Wicked, underpaid and lazy
- Godly, but underpaid and lazy
- Wicked, but professional, motivated and regularly paid
3. What did a treaty with Catholic Irish rebels in 1643 help to do?
- Support rebels who had rebelled against Anglican rule
- Support rebels who had rebelled against Protestant rule
- Abandon rebels who had rebelled against Protestant rule
- Support rebels who had rebelled against Puritan rule
4. How would the English benefit from this?
- The Scots would send 10,000 men to aid parliament
- The Scots would send 21,000 men to aid Parliament
- The Scots would send 210,000 men to aid parliament
- The Scots would send 1,000,000 men to aid parliament
5. In a 1630's report on London taxes, how much did parliament receive from the South?