1. Where did Charles hold?
- The North
- The West
- The South
- The East
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did a treaty with Catholic Irish rebels in 1643 help to do?
- Support rebels who had rebelled against Puritan rule
- Abandon rebels who had rebelled against Protestant rule
- Support rebels who had rebelled against Protestant rule
- Support rebels who had rebelled against Anglican rule
3. What was the name of the most decisive battle of the first civil war which took place in September 1645?
- The Somme
4. How many arsenals did parliament hold?
- Two; the Tower of London and Hull
- One; the Tower of London
- Three; the Tower of London, Hull and Portsmouth
- Two; the Tower of London and Portsmouth
5. What did Charles's make the mistake of doing in 1645?
- Trying to negotiate a second peace treaty with the Irish Catholic rebels
- Agreeing to go to war with the Irish
- Financing the Irish army
- Signing an alliance with the Irish