1. AO1: Predators can sleep more whilst prey have to sleep less. This refers to which evolutionary explanation?
- Waste of time
- Predator Avoidance
- Energy Conservation
- Foraging Requirements
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. AO2: Capellini (2008) looked at previous studies with standardised procedures and found that smaller animals with higher metabolic rates sleep less. This could be due to?
- wanting to conserve energy
- Foraging requirements
- wanting to waste time
- wanting to avoid predators
3. AO2: energy levels only drop in NREM sleep, not in REM sleep. This discredits which explanation?
- the energy conservation explanation
- the foraging requirements explanation
- the waste of time explanation
- the predator avoidance explanation
4. AO2: An alternative approach by Horne (1998) combines the evolutionary and restorative explanations. It suggests:
- There is a core and optional sleep: the core sleep is mainly SWS and is vital for processes to work and optional sleep is mainly REM and is dispensable.
- There is a core and optional sleep: the core sleep is mainly REM and is vital for processes to work and optional sleep is mainly SWS and is dispensable.
5. AO2: Capellini (2008) looked at previous studies with standardised procedures and found that animals who sleep in exposed positions sleep less. This supports which explanation?
- foraging requirements
- energy conservation
- predator avoidance
- waste of time
Similar Psychology resources: