1. AO2: general support for the evolutionary approach comes from who that found mammals with similar genes have similar sleep patterns
- Meddis (1975)
- Capellini (2008)
- Siegel (2008)
- Horne (1998)
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. AO2: Capellini (2008) looked at previous studies with standardised procedures and found that smaller animals with higher metabolic rates sleep less. This could be due to?
- Foraging requirements
- wanting to avoid predators
- wanting to waste time
- wanting to conserve energy
3. AO2: An alternative approach by Horne (1998) combines the evolutionary and restorative explanations. It suggests:
- There is a core and optional sleep: the core sleep is mainly SWS and is vital for processes to work and optional sleep is mainly REM and is dispensable.
- There is a core and optional sleep: the core sleep is mainly REM and is vital for processes to work and optional sleep is mainly SWS and is dispensable.
4. AO2: Zepellin an Rechtstaffen (1974) found that small animals with a higher metabolic rate sleep more than large animals. This supports?
- the energy conservation explanation
- the waste of time explanation
- the predator avoidance explanation
- the foraging requirements explanation
5. AO2: Capellini (2008) looked at previous studies with standardised procedures and found that animals who sleep in exposed positions sleep less. This supports which explanation?
- waste of time
- foraging requirements
- predator avoidance
- energy conservation
Similar Psychology resources: