1. AO2: An alternative approach by Horne (1998) combines the evolutionary and restorative explanations. It suggests:
- There is a core and optional sleep: the core sleep is mainly SWS and is vital for processes to work and optional sleep is mainly REM and is dispensable.
- There is a core and optional sleep: the core sleep is mainly REM and is vital for processes to work and optional sleep is mainly SWS and is dispensable.
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. AO1: Sleep ensures animals stay still when they have nothing else to do. Sleeping more is the best way to pass on genes due to it being safer to be asleep.This refers to which evolutionary explanation?
- Waste of Time
- Foraging Requirements
- Predator Avoidance
- Energy Conservation
3. AO2: Zepellin an Rechtstaffen (1974) found that small animals with a higher metabolic rate sleep more than large animals. This supports?
- the foraging requirements explanation
- the waste of time explanation
- the energy conservation explanation
- the predator avoidance explanation
4. AO2: Capellini (2008) looked at previous studies with standardised procedures and found that animals who sleep in exposed positions sleep less. This supports which explanation?
- foraging requirements
- predator avoidance
- waste of time
- energy conservation
5. AO2: Capellini (2008) looked at previous studies with standardised procedures and found that smaller animals with higher metabolic rates sleep less. This could be due to?
- Foraging requirements
- wanting to avoid predators
- wanting to waste time
- wanting to conserve energy
Similar Psychology resources: