1. AO1: Predators can sleep more whilst prey have to sleep less. This refers to which evolutionary explanation?
- Foraging Requirements
- Predator Avoidance
- Waste of time
- Energy Conservation
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. AO2: energy levels only drop in NREM sleep, not in REM sleep. This discredits which explanation?
- the energy conservation explanation
- the foraging requirements explanation
- the waste of time explanation
- the predator avoidance explanation
3. AO2: An alternative approach by Horne (1998) combines the evolutionary and restorative explanations. It suggests:
- There is a core and optional sleep: the core sleep is mainly SWS and is vital for processes to work and optional sleep is mainly REM and is dispensable.
- There is a core and optional sleep: the core sleep is mainly REM and is vital for processes to work and optional sleep is mainly SWS and is dispensable.
4. AO2: general support for the evolutionary approach comes from who that found mammals with similar genes have similar sleep patterns
- Capellini (2008)
- Meddis (1975)
- Horne (1998)
- Siegel (2008)
5. AO1: Sleep is a period of inactivity which is important for warm blooded animals who use lots of energy maintaining body temperature and for small mammals with a high metabolic rate.This refers to which evolutionary explanation?
- Energy conservation
- Foraging requirements
- Predator avoidance
- Waste of Time
Similar Psychology resources: