1. What were the responses ?
- one year on 3,000 temporary tent schools set up
- Water had to be supplied in tankers, aid agencies inclding Christian aid and oxfam were involved in the distribution of medicine ,food and blankets
- One year on and 80% of the port was functioning
- Delays in aid led to conflict and violence
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. When and where was the the Eruption?
- 17th of January 2002 in the Democratic Republic of Congo
- 12th of January 2010 near Port au Prince Haiti
- March 1980 Washington state
- 17th of January 1995 Kobe
3. Which of these were secondary effects?
- half a million people fled to neighbouring are Rwanda to escape the lava - they had to cope without electricity shelter and clean water
- 500,000 people still sleeping rough when the rainy season started
- Death of all fish and the loss of 250km of salmon and trout rivers
- 12% of total crops were ruined by settling dust
4. Most destruction was caused by
- A conservative plate margin leading to an earthquake
- a landslide Wiping out everything north in a 27km radius
- Lava travelling at 60 kph
- an earthquake measuring 7.2 on the Richter scale
5. what were the primary effects?
- Every tree within a km radius of the blast zone was destroyed
- Homes roads and pipes were destroyed causing explosions killing 45 people
- Clean and fresh water on short supply 2 million homes without electricity
- 8 hospitals destroyed and 22 damaged - 230,000 died
Similar Geography resources: