1. Most destruction was caused by
- an earthquake measuring 7.2 on the Richter scale
- A conservative plate margin leading to an earthquake
- Lava travelling at 60 kph
- a landslide Wiping out everything north in a 27km radius
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. what was another secondary effect?
- 164,059 house holds left without electricity
- Diseases like cholera were a real risk
- 46,027 buildings were destroyed
- Infrastructure repair bill was aprox £100 billion
3. Which of these were secondary effects?
- 500,000 people still sleeping rough when the rainy season started
- half a million people fled to neighbouring are Rwanda to escape the lava - they had to cope without electricity shelter and clean water
- 12% of total crops were ruined by settling dust
- Death of all fish and the loss of 250km of salmon and trout rivers
4. When and where was the the Eruption?
- 17th of January 2002 in the Democratic Republic of Congo
- March 1980 Washington state
- 17th of January 1995 Kobe
- 12th of January 2010 near Port au Prince Haiti
5. What were the responses ?
- One year on and 80% of the port was functioning
- Water had to be supplied in tankers, aid agencies inclding Christian aid and oxfam were involved in the distribution of medicine ,food and blankets
- Delays in aid led to conflict and violence
- one year on 3,000 temporary tent schools set up
Similar Geography resources: