1. Most destruction was caused by
- an earthquake measuring 7.2 on the Richter scale
- A conservative plate margin leading to an earthquake
- Lava travelling at 60 kph
- a landslide Wiping out everything north in a 27km radius
1 of 6
Other questions in this quiz
2. What were the responses ?
- one year on 3,000 temporary tent schools set up
- Delays in aid led to conflict and violence
- Water had to be supplied in tankers, aid agencies inclding Christian aid and oxfam were involved in the distribution of medicine ,food and blankets
- One year on and 80% of the port was functioning
3. what was another secondary effect?
- 164,059 house holds left without electricity
- Infrastructure repair bill was aprox £100 billion
- Diseases like cholera were a real risk
- 46,027 buildings were destroyed
4. what were the primary effects?
- Every tree within a km radius of the blast zone was destroyed
- 8 hospitals destroyed and 22 damaged - 230,000 died
- Homes roads and pipes were destroyed causing explosions killing 45 people
- Clean and fresh water on short supply 2 million homes without electricity
5. When and where was the the Eruption?
- 17th of January 2002 in the Democratic Republic of Congo
- 12th of January 2010 near Port au Prince Haiti
- March 1980 Washington state
- 17th of January 1995 Kobe
Similar Geography resources: