1. Why did Noblemen leave France?
- The Duke of Orleans had encouraged nobility to leave in a popular journal
- They had lost their privileges and felt unsafe
- They wanted to join a absolute monarchy elsewhere in Europe
- They were being targeted by Jacobin supporters in Southern France and Paris
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which members of the clergy were most likely to leave France?
- Refractory Priests - those who had not taken the oath
- The parish priests who felt hard done by in the Catholic wage system
- Priests who had taken the oath to the Civil Constitution of the Clergy
- Parish priests who felt intimidated by the Bishops and Abbotts
3. Which important figure was among the first emigres to leave France in 1789?
- The Abbe Sieyes
- Marie Antoinette (the King's wife)
- The Comte d'Artois (the King's Brother)
- Leopold (the Austrian Emperor)
4. Who made up the majority of the emigres?
- Serfs and Seigneurs
- The Second Estate
- The Third Estate and Clergy
- The Second Estate and the Clergy
5. Which area was most active in rejecting the authority and reforms of the government?
- Provincial Normandy
- The Vendee
Similar History resources: