1. Who made up the majority of the emigres?
- The Second Estate and the Clergy
- The Third Estate and Clergy
- The Second Estate
- Serfs and Seigneurs
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why did the army suffer as a result of the growth in emigres?
- The Foreign armies were growing and developing technical equipment at a faster rate
- Noble officers emigrated resulting in a lack of military discipline
- The number of deskilled peasants entering the army grew as unemployment soared in other industries
- Military Generals emigrated, leaking military information to foreign armies
3. What did the term 'Emigres' become associated with?
- A group of devout Catholics who wanted to preserve the Papacy and Church
- A group of committed Monarchists who wanted to construct an Absolute Monarchy in Prussia
- A group of frivolous nobles attempting to restore the Ancien Regime for personal gain
- A group of radical republicans planning a future invasion with the help of foreign republicans
4. What did many emigres join or support?
- The Constitutional Movement
- The Counter-Revolution
- The Feuillants
- The Republican Movement
5. Why did the rich members of the bourgeoisie leave France?
- They knew that the middle classes didn't have to pay tax in Austria and Prussia
- They feared they would be excluded from the Constitution
- They feared for their lives and property
- They feared a coup d'etat by the Jacobins
Similar History resources: