1. Why did the rich members of the bourgeoisie leave France?
- They knew that the middle classes didn't have to pay tax in Austria and Prussia
- They feared they would be excluded from the Constitution
- They feared for their lives and property
- They feared a coup d'etat by the Jacobins
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which area was most active in rejecting the authority and reforms of the government?
- Provincial Normandy
- The Vendee
3. How did the army improve because of the growth in the number of emigres?
- There was a significant growth in men joining the army to defend France from foreign armies
- Officers left France allowing rapid promotion of talented men to leading positions
- The Extremist generals left the army meaning fewer soldiers were intimidated by military radicalism
- There was less conflict between monarchist and republicans within the army
4. Who made up the majority of the emigres?
- The Third Estate and Clergy
- Serfs and Seigneurs
- The Second Estate
- The Second Estate and the Clergy
5. What did the term 'Emigres' become associated with?
- A group of devout Catholics who wanted to preserve the Papacy and Church
- A group of frivolous nobles attempting to restore the Ancien Regime for personal gain
- A group of radical republicans planning a future invasion with the help of foreign republicans
- A group of committed Monarchists who wanted to construct an Absolute Monarchy in Prussia
Similar History resources: