1. Why did the army suffer as a result of the growth in emigres?
- Noble officers emigrated resulting in a lack of military discipline
- Military Generals emigrated, leaking military information to foreign armies
- The number of deskilled peasants entering the army grew as unemployment soared in other industries
- The Foreign armies were growing and developing technical equipment at a faster rate
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did the term 'Emigres' become associated with?
- A group of committed Monarchists who wanted to construct an Absolute Monarchy in Prussia
- A group of radical republicans planning a future invasion with the help of foreign republicans
- A group of frivolous nobles attempting to restore the Ancien Regime for personal gain
- A group of devout Catholics who wanted to preserve the Papacy and Church
3. Why did the rich members of the bourgeoisie leave France?
- They feared a coup d'etat by the Jacobins
- They knew that the middle classes didn't have to pay tax in Austria and Prussia
- They feared for their lives and property
- They feared they would be excluded from the Constitution
4. How did the army improve because of the growth in the number of emigres?
- There was less conflict between monarchist and republicans within the army
- Officers left France allowing rapid promotion of talented men to leading positions
- There was a significant growth in men joining the army to defend France from foreign armies
- The Extremist generals left the army meaning fewer soldiers were intimidated by military radicalism
5. Who made up the majority of the emigres?
- The Third Estate and Clergy
- Serfs and Seigneurs
- The Second Estate
- The Second Estate and the Clergy
Similar History resources: