1. What did many emigres join or support?
- The Constitutional Movement
- The Republican Movement
- The Counter-Revolution
- The Feuillants
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why did the army suffer as a result of the growth in emigres?
- The number of deskilled peasants entering the army grew as unemployment soared in other industries
- The Foreign armies were growing and developing technical equipment at a faster rate
- Noble officers emigrated resulting in a lack of military discipline
- Military Generals emigrated, leaking military information to foreign armies
3. Why did Noblemen leave France?
- The Duke of Orleans had encouraged nobility to leave in a popular journal
- They were being targeted by Jacobin supporters in Southern France and Paris
- They had lost their privileges and felt unsafe
- They wanted to join a absolute monarchy elsewhere in Europe
4. How did the army improve because of the growth in the number of emigres?
- There was less conflict between monarchist and republicans within the army
- Officers left France allowing rapid promotion of talented men to leading positions
- There was a significant growth in men joining the army to defend France from foreign armies
- The Extremist generals left the army meaning fewer soldiers were intimidated by military radicalism
5. Which area was most active in rejecting the authority and reforms of the government?
- Provincial Normandy
- The Vendee
Similar History resources: