1. Which area was most active in rejecting the authority and reforms of the government?
- The Vendee
- Provincial Normandy
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which important figure was among the first emigres to leave France in 1789?
- The Abbe Sieyes
- Marie Antoinette (the King's wife)
- The Comte d'Artois (the King's Brother)
- Leopold (the Austrian Emperor)
3. Why did the army suffer as a result of the growth in emigres?
- The number of deskilled peasants entering the army grew as unemployment soared in other industries
- Noble officers emigrated resulting in a lack of military discipline
- Military Generals emigrated, leaking military information to foreign armies
- The Foreign armies were growing and developing technical equipment at a faster rate
4. Which members of the clergy were most likely to leave France?
- The parish priests who felt hard done by in the Catholic wage system
- Refractory Priests - those who had not taken the oath
- Parish priests who felt intimidated by the Bishops and Abbotts
- Priests who had taken the oath to the Civil Constitution of the Clergy
5. Why did Noblemen leave France?
- They were being targeted by Jacobin supporters in Southern France and Paris
- They had lost their privileges and felt unsafe
- The Duke of Orleans had encouraged nobility to leave in a popular journal
- They wanted to join a absolute monarchy elsewhere in Europe
Similar History resources: