1. What effect did the Emancipation have on domestic serfs?
- They were not allowed their own cottage and land
- They were emancipated like farmer serfs, with the same restrictions
- They were liberated and no longer tied to the Mir
- They were liberated and did not have to pay obrok
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What percentage of the population did the serfs form?
3. What were redemption payments?
- Payment from nobles to peasants at 8% interest
- Payment from peasants to nobles at 6% interest
- Payment from the government to nobles at 4% interest
- Payment from peasants to the government at 10% interest
4. How many serfs were emancipated in total?
- 50 million
- 21 million
- 20 million
- 3 million
5. When did Alexander state that he wanted reform to come "from above" rather than "from below"?