1. What effect did the Emancipation have on domestic serfs?
- They were liberated and did not have to pay obrok
- They were not allowed their own cottage and land
- They were liberated and no longer tied to the Mir
- They were emancipated like farmer serfs, with the same restrictions
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What percentage of the population did the serfs form?
3. What percentage of peasants remained 'temporarily obligated' to landlords until 1881?
4. By 1859, how many serfs had been mortgaged for nobles' loans?
5. Who said the Emancipation was "the single greatest liberating measure in the whole history of Europe"?
- E Acton
- M S Anderson
- E H Carr