1. How many state-owned serfs had to wait until 1866 until they achieved complete freedom?
- 20 million
- 25 million
- 3 million
- 10 million
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who said the Emancipation was "the single greatest liberating measure in the whole history of Europe"?
- E Acton
- M S Anderson
- E H Carr
3. What were redemption payments?
- Payment from nobles to peasants at 8% interest
- Payment from peasants to the government at 10% interest
- Payment from peasants to nobles at 6% interest
- Payment from the government to nobles at 4% interest
4. At what price did nobles sell their land to peasants?
- up to 90% above market price
- 50% above market price
- what it was worth
- 20% below market price
5. When was serfdom introduced to Russia?