1. Who said the Emancipation was "the single greatest liberating measure in the whole history of Europe"?
- E Acton
- M S Anderson
- E H Carr
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What percentage of the population did the serfs form?
3. What effect did the Emancipation have on domestic serfs?
- They were liberated and no longer tied to the Mir
- They were liberated and did not have to pay obrok
- They were not allowed their own cottage and land
- They were emancipated like farmer serfs, with the same restrictions
4. How many serfs were emancipated in total?
- 50 million
- 3 million
- 21 million
- 20 million
5. What percentage of peasants remained 'temporarily obligated' to landlords until 1881?