1. How many state-owned serfs had to wait until 1866 until they achieved complete freedom?
- 10 million
- 25 million
- 20 million
- 3 million
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What effect did the Emancipation have on domestic serfs?
- They were not allowed their own cottage and land
- They were liberated and did not have to pay obrok
- They were emancipated like farmer serfs, with the same restrictions
- They were liberated and no longer tied to the Mir
3. At what price did nobles sell their land to peasants?
- up to 90% above market price
- 50% above market price
- what it was worth
- 20% below market price
4. When was serfdom introduced to Russia?
5. Who said the Emancipation was "the single greatest liberating measure in the whole history of Europe"?
- E Acton
- M S Anderson
- E H Carr