1. How was carbon dioxide removed from the Earths early atmosphere?
- it got replaced by the oxygen
- Carbon dioxide dissolved in then oceans and marine organisms used the dissolved carbon dioxide to make calcium carbonate for shells and the shells of the dead marine organisms fall to the sea bed and become part of the sediment.
- It disappeared
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What can add carbon dioxide to the atmosphere?
- Burning fossil fuels and deforestation
- farming and breathing
3. The Earths early atmosphere did not contain what?
- Water Vapour
- Carbon dioxide
4. Why can't scientists be certain about the form of the early atmosphere?
- They are different theories
- Scientists don't know much about the early atmosphere
- There were no humans around so we must use clues.
- Scientists don't understand the early atmosphere and need evidence.
5. The Earth was very hot to start off with, and there were no oceans. As the Earth cooled down the water vapour in the atmosphere condensed to form a liquid water.This liquid water became what?
- a puddle
- The oceans
Similar Science resources: