1. How does oxygen get added to our atmosphere?
- The Earth cools and oceans form.Forms of life evolve in the oceans and photosynethesis begins.Oxygen builds up in the oceans.Oxygen builds up in the atmosphere.
- The volcanoes gave out oxygen.
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. Today the Earths atmospherehas much less than 1% carbon dioxide and has more than 21% oxygen this means that?
- Carbin dioxide has been removed from the atmosphereand oxygen has been added to the atmosphere.
- Todays oxygen has been removed from the atmosphere and carbon dioxide has been added
3. How was carbon dioxide removed from the Earths early atmosphere?
- Carbon dioxide dissolved in then oceans and marine organisms used the dissolved carbon dioxide to make calcium carbonate for shells and the shells of the dead marine organisms fall to the sea bed and become part of the sediment.
- It disappeared
- it got replaced by the oxygen
4. What are the two gases present in the largest amounts in the Earths early atmosphere?
- Water vapour and carbon dioxide
5. The Earth was very hot to start off with, and there were no oceans. As the Earth cooled down the water vapour in the atmosphere condensed to form a liquid water.This liquid water became what?
- The oceans
- a puddle
Similar Science resources: