1. The Earths early atmosphere was formed by gases produced from what?
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. Today the Earths atmospherehas much less than 1% carbon dioxide and has more than 21% oxygen this means that?
- Carbin dioxide has been removed from the atmosphereand oxygen has been added to the atmosphere.
- Todays oxygen has been removed from the atmosphere and carbon dioxide has been added
3. How does oxygen get added to our atmosphere?
- The Earth cools and oceans form.Forms of life evolve in the oceans and photosynethesis begins.Oxygen builds up in the oceans.Oxygen builds up in the atmosphere.
- The volcanoes gave out oxygen.
4. What can add carbon dioxide to the atmosphere?
- Burning fossil fuels and deforestation
- farming and breathing
5. How was carbon dioxide removed from the Earths early atmosphere?
- it got replaced by the oxygen
- Carbon dioxide dissolved in then oceans and marine organisms used the dissolved carbon dioxide to make calcium carbonate for shells and the shells of the dead marine organisms fall to the sea bed and become part of the sediment.
- It disappeared
Similar Science resources: