1. What did Brissot encourage in the Legislative Assembly?
- An armed crusade against the monarchs of Europe
- A union between the Girondin and the Jacobins
- A coup d'état of Prussia's church and state
- A run on the banks in Paris and other major cities
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why didn't Robespierre support the idea of a military crusade and promoting revolution abroad?
- It might result in a military dictatorship in France
- It might result in Louis returning to his position as Absolute Monarch
- It gave too much power to the serfs and peasants of foreign countries
- It was a minor issue compared to that of financial mismanagement and deficit
3. What did the Girondin demand in terms of action?
- Action against the refractory priests
- Action against the National Guard
- Action against the emigres
- Action against the Republicans
4. Why did talented members of the Feuillant Club turn to the Jacobin Club?
- They could develop their ideas in accordance with the Philosophes.
- They could win the votes of the crowds that attended Jacobin meetings.
- They could develop their speaking skills needed in the Legislative Assembly
- They could appeal to Louis and royal ministers who attended the meetings.
5. Who supported Brissot and his ideas of spreading revolution throughout Europe?
- Most Legislative Assembly Deputies but no one from external political groups
- All of the Parisian clubs but only three Legislative Assembly Deputies and two Jacobins
- Most Legislative Assembly Deputies, most Jacobins and most Parisian clubs
- Very few Legislative Assembly Deputies, most Jacobins and most ex-nobles
Similar History resources: