1. Why didn't Robespierre support the idea of a military crusade and promoting revolution abroad?
- It was a minor issue compared to that of financial mismanagement and deficit
- It might result in a military dictatorship in France
- It gave too much power to the serfs and peasants of foreign countries
- It might result in Louis returning to his position as Absolute Monarch
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which group within the Legislative Assembly promoted the overthrow of European monarchs in other countries?
- The Feuillants
- The Girondin
- The Jacobins
- No group within the Legislative Assembly
3. How did Louis respond to the Legislative Assembly's proposals to pass laws against the emigres?
- He formed a new ministry to counter-act the proposals
- He used his suspensive veto to reject them
- He abdicated and fled to Varennes
- He appealed to political groups to overthrow the Legislative Assembly
4. What did Brissot encourage in the Legislative Assembly?
- A run on the banks in Paris and other major cities
- An armed crusade against the monarchs of Europe
- A coup d'état of Prussia's church and state
- A union between the Girondin and the Jacobins
5. Which influential member of the Legislative Assembly became associated with the Girondin?
Similar History resources: