1. What did Brissot encourage in the Legislative Assembly?
- A union between the Girondin and the Jacobins
- A coup d'état of Prussia's church and state
- An armed crusade against the monarchs of Europe
- A run on the banks in Paris and other major cities
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why didn't Robespierre support the idea of a military crusade and promoting revolution abroad?
- It gave too much power to the serfs and peasants of foreign countries
- It might result in a military dictatorship in France
- It might result in Louis returning to his position as Absolute Monarch
- It was a minor issue compared to that of financial mismanagement and deficit
3. Which influential member of the Legislative Assembly became associated with the Girondin?
4. Why did talented members of the Feuillant Club turn to the Jacobin Club?
- They could develop their speaking skills needed in the Legislative Assembly
- They could win the votes of the crowds that attended Jacobin meetings.
- They could appeal to Louis and royal ministers who attended the meetings.
- They could develop their ideas in accordance with the Philosophes.
5. How did Louis respond to the Legislative Assembly's proposals to pass laws against the emigres?
- He used his suspensive veto to reject them
- He appealed to political groups to overthrow the Legislative Assembly
- He abdicated and fled to Varennes
- He formed a new ministry to counter-act the proposals
Similar History resources: