1. 'Kilowatt-hours' mean the same as 'units'
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which formula is correct to work out - No. of Units (kWh) used =
- Power (in kW) x Time (in seconds)
- Time (in kW) x Power (in seconds)
- Power (in kW) x Time (in hours)
- Power (in J) x Time (in hours)
3. Which is true?
- kW = J x 10
- A 5kW appliance transfers 5000 J in 1 second
- A 50kW appliance transfers 5000 J in 1 second p
- A 5kW appliance transfers 500 J in 1 second
4. Each unit costs 14p. For how long can a 6kW heater be used for?
- 10 minutes
- 1 hours
- 7 minutes
- 2 hours
5. Energy is usually measured in what?
- Joules (j)
- Watts (w)