1. When was SALT II agreed?
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was agreed in the ABM Treaty 1972?
- Each side only allowed 100 ABMS on each of two sites.
- No limit on the number of ABMs each side had.
- USA to have 100 ABMs and USSR to have 50.
- Halted the use of ABMs altogether. Removed all ABMS from each side.
3. What was one of the limitations of SALT II?
- The American senate wanted to introduce further arms controls.
- No agreements were made.
- It wasn't ratified due to American opposition.
- Brezhnev refused to sign it.
4. What was the Basic Principles Agreement 1972?
- Restriction of missiles for USA and USSR.
- Acceptance of European borders.
- Rules for conduct of nuclear warefare.
- Agreements between East and West Germany.
5. Who led Ostpolitik?
- Leonid Brezhnev
- Jimmy Carter
- Willy Brandt
- Walter Ulbricht