1. In the ABC model what does C stand for?
- Consequence: rational beliefs produce adaptive consequences (more revision in the future) whereas irrational beliefs produce maladaptive consquences (getting depressed)
- Activating event: for example, a failed exam
- Belief: about why the event occured, this may be rational ( I didn't study enough) or irrational ( I'm too stupid to pass exams)
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the Cognitive Triad?
- A series of automatic, negative thoughts linked to life
- A series of automatic, negative thoughts linked to depression
- A series of automatic, positive thoughts linked to depression
3. What are other examples of cognitive therapies?
- Hardiness Training and Stress Innoculation Training
- Hardiness Training and Yates' Theory
- Stress Innoculatuon Training and ABC Model
4. Who created the ABC model?
5. Who discovered the Cognitive Triad?