1. Who created the ABC model?
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. In the ABC model what does B stand for?
- Belief: about why the event occured, this may be rational ( I didn't study enough) or irrational ( I'm too stupid to pass exams)
- Consequence: rational beliefs produce adaptive consequences (more revision in the future) whereas irrational beliefs produce maladaptive consquences (getting depressed)
- Activating event: for example, a failed exam
3. What are cognitive therapies particularly helpful with?
- anxiety and alarm
- depression and anxiety
- depression and confidence
4. What is the Cognitive Triad?
- A series of automatic, negative thoughts linked to depression
- A series of automatic, positive thoughts linked to depression
- A series of automatic, negative thoughts linked to life
5. Who discovered the Cognitive Triad?