1. Who was the name of the black woman who wouldn't give up her seat for a white person?
- Rosa Parks
- Betty Friedan
- Mary Pickford
- Elizabeth Eckford
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. In which state is Montgomery situated in?
3. What did civil rights activists do in a protest?
- Boycotted public transport
- Made leaflets and brochures about their groups and what they wanted
- Began riots
- Sat in front of buses and other forms of public transport so that they couldn't get past
- Sent letters to the president demanding something be done
4. What was significant about the buses?
- Blacks and whites had to sit in separate zones
- Children weren't allowed on the bus
- Blacks and whites had to sit on different decks
- The buses were equal and people could sit where they wanted
5. What was declared by the Supreme Court in 1956?
- That the Montgomery Bus laws were legal and that people should stick to them
- That the president would send in troops to clear violent protests and it would not be their fault if people were killed
- That the Montgomery Bus laws were illegal
- That people would be prosecuted for violent protests