1. What did civil rights activists do in a protest?
- Sent letters to the president demanding something be done
- Began riots
- Sat in front of buses and other forms of public transport so that they couldn't get past
- Boycotted public transport
- Made leaflets and brochures about their groups and what they wanted
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which civil rights group was Parks an activist in?
3. What was significant about the buses?
- Children weren't allowed on the bus
- Blacks and whites had to sit on different decks
- Blacks and whites had to sit in separate zones
- The buses were equal and people could sit where they wanted
4. Who was the name of the black woman who wouldn't give up her seat for a white person?
- Rosa Parks
- Betty Friedan
- Mary Pickford
- Elizabeth Eckford
5. What was declared by the Supreme Court in 1956?
- That the Montgomery Bus laws were legal and that people should stick to them
- That the Montgomery Bus laws were illegal
- That people would be prosecuted for violent protests
- That the president would send in troops to clear violent protests and it would not be their fault if people were killed