1. When did Jesuits begin arriving in England?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who said "within two generations, the Catholics had dwindled to numerical insignificance"?
- Christopher Haigh
- Wallace MacCaffrey
- John Guy
- David Loades
3. Who uncovered the Babington Plot?
4. Who believes the Jesuits were sent "with every intention of arousing civil war" and placing a Catholic monarch on the throne?
- Susan Doran
- P Wiliams
- A G Dickens
5. Out of the 800 Catholics who went to assize courts in Lancashire, how many paid recusancy fines?