- Created by: Alexa!
- Created on: 02-04-12 20:21
1. What is an instrumental role?
- Played by Men, geared towards unemployment and not providing for the family
- Played by Children, going to school, learning to be a member of society.
- Played by Men, geared towards working, and providing for the family, known as the breadwinner
- Played by women, geared towards cooking and cleaning.
1 of 23
Other questions in this quiz
2. Is an expressive role played by women?
3. What is a Segregated Conjugal Role?
- Where one member of the couple shares the same tasks as their partner because they feel left out.
- Where the couple have separate roles, men homemaker, and women bread winner
- Where the couple have separate rles, male breadwinner, female homemaker
- Where the couple share tasks, housework and childcare
4. What meant by 'the symmetrical family'?
- Roles of husbands and wives have degraded, so reproduction rates have fallen.
- Roles of husbands and wives are becoming more similar.
- Roles of husbands and wives are completely identical.
- Roles of husbands and wives are now becoming more diferent.
5. Who takes a 'March of Progress' view on 'the symmetrical family'?
- Micheal Young and Talcott Parsons
- Peter Higgins and Joe Daser
- Micheal Young and Peter Wilmott
- Ann Oakley