1. Why did Aristophanes often parody plays and characters created by Euripides?
- Euripides' characters were always pathetic and the language was archaic
- Euripides had attempted to prosecute Aristophanes on the basis of copying a plot idea
- Euripides' characters and stories were always copied from Aristophanes' plays
- Euripides' characters and plots always focused on Zeus and Thetis
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What kind of a play is Telephus?
- A Greek Comedy
- A Political Tragedy
- A Greek Tragedy
- A Roman Tragedy
3. How does Aristophanes parody the moment in Telephus when he holds Agamemnon's son as hostage?
- Dikaiopolis holds Euripides as hostage
- Dikaiopolis holds the Acharnian coal as hostage
- Dikaiopolis holds Spartan wine as hostage
- Dikaiopolis holds Cleon as hostage
4. Who wrote Telephus?
5. What were Greek Comedies based on?
- Contemporary events
- Future Events and Outcomes
- Greek Mythology
- Spartan Legend
Similar Classical Civilization resources: