1. How does Aristophanes parody Telephus' honesty in the Acharnians?
- Dikaiopolis gives a speech about how Telephus was actually a liar despite his honest presentation
- Dikaiopolis sacrifices his daughters to illustrate his honesty, just as Telephus sacrifices his son
- Dikaiopolis puts his head on an execution block when telling the truth just as Telephus does
- Dikaiopolis repeats the truth again and again to mock the repetitive language in Telephus
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. How does Aristophanes parody the moment in Telephus when he holds Agamemnon's son as hostage?
- Dikaiopolis holds Spartan wine as hostage
- Dikaiopolis holds Euripides as hostage
- Dikaiopolis holds the Acharnian coal as hostage
- Dikaiopolis holds Cleon as hostage
3. Who wrote Telephus?
4. What kind of a play is Telephus?
- A Greek Comedy
- A Greek Tragedy
- A Roman Tragedy
- A Political Tragedy
5. Which of the following best describes typical Greek Tragedies?
- Based on Zeus, his brothers and his sisters
- Based on current events
- Based on mythology
- Based on Spartan legends
Similar Classical Civilization resources: