1. What were Greek Comedies based on?
- Contemporary events
- Greek Mythology
- Spartan Legend
- Future Events and Outcomes
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following best describes typical Greek Tragedies?
- Based on mythology
- Based on Zeus, his brothers and his sisters
- Based on current events
- Based on Spartan legends
3. Who was Euripides?
- A prominent pro-war politician
- A Tragic Playwright
- Aristophanes' Brother who was a playwright
- A Comic Playwright
4. Why did Aristophanes often parody plays and characters created by Euripides?
- Euripides' characters and plots always focused on Zeus and Thetis
- Euripides' characters were always pathetic and the language was archaic
- Euripides' characters and stories were always copied from Aristophanes' plays
- Euripides had attempted to prosecute Aristophanes on the basis of copying a plot idea
5. Who wrote Telephus?
Similar Classical Civilization resources: