1. In which government was 'the relationship between the state and individuals (was) seen as one where citizens' rights were matched by responsibilities'?
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. When did the government pledge to give £140 million over 3 years for local authorities to develop flexibile and innovative service to giver carers a break?
3. When was the idea of Managerialism introduced in UK social policy?
4. How many unpaid carers are there in the UK (2011 census)?
- 5.8 million (10% of pop)
- 0.58 million (1% of pop)
5. Which of the following is not part of the New Public Management introduced in 1988?
- privatisation (e.g. right to buy)
- compulsory competitive tendering (e.g. cleaning services in hospitals)
- quasi-markets in public sector
- mandatory pension saving by employers
- increased marketisation of welfare provision
- devolution of non-essential functions