1. When was the Pension Act which made defined contributions schemes replace all direct benefit schemes?
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. When did the government pledge to give £140 million over 3 years for local authorities to develop flexibile and innovative service to giver carers a break?
3. How many unpaid carers are there in the UK (2011 census)?
- 5.8 million (10% of pop)
- 0.58 million (1% of pop)
4. Who summarized the aims of the Conservative government of the late 1980s as having the intention 'for the state to stop being both the funder AND the provider of services'?
- Le Grand
5. Which of the following is not part of the New Public Management introduced in 1988?
- mandatory pension saving by employers
- increased marketisation of welfare provision
- devolution of non-essential functions
- privatisation (e.g. right to buy)
- quasi-markets in public sector
- compulsory competitive tendering (e.g. cleaning services in hospitals)