1. In which government was 'the relationship between the state and individuals (was) seen as one where citizens' rights were matched by responsibilities'?
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. When did the government pledge to give £140 million over 3 years for local authorities to develop flexibile and innovative service to giver carers a break?
3. How much money approximately do carers save the UK government annually?
- £78 billion
- £87 billion
- £78 million
- £87 million
4. Who summarized the aims of the Conservative government of the late 1980s as having the intention 'for the state to stop being both the funder AND the provider of services'?
- Le Grand
5. Which of the following is not part of the New Public Management introduced in 1988?
- compulsory competitive tendering (e.g. cleaning services in hospitals)
- devolution of non-essential functions
- mandatory pension saving by employers
- privatisation (e.g. right to buy)
- increased marketisation of welfare provision
- quasi-markets in public sector