1. Who says that people volunteer due to altruism enforced by market subordination?
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. In which government was 'the relationship between the state and individuals (was) seen as one where citizens' rights were matched by responsibilities'?
3. When did the Department of Social Security say 'We will rebuild the welfare state around the work ethic: work for those who can; security for those who cannot'?
4. Which of the following is not part of the New Public Management introduced in 1988?
- compulsory competitive tendering (e.g. cleaning services in hospitals)
- mandatory pension saving by employers
- devolution of non-essential functions
- privatisation (e.g. right to buy)
- quasi-markets in public sector
- increased marketisation of welfare provision
5. How many unpaid carers are there in the UK (2011 census)?
- 5.8 million (10% of pop)
- 0.58 million (1% of pop)