1. What did Harold Gillies help improve?
- Plastic surgery
- Blood transfusions
- X-ray machines
- Brain surgery
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why did people oppose to using chloroform?
- Doctors could no longer show off how quickly they could perform an operation
- Pain was invented by the devil and people may become even more ill if they didn't feel their pain
- Chloroform had been tested and harmful side effects had been discovered
- Hannah Greener lived through an operation with chloroform to find she grew an extra toe nail
3. Where did the idea of using carbolic spray come from?
4. Why did surgeons oppose carbolic spray?
- They didn't like Lister
- They enjoyed taking their time and didn't want to waste time spray carbolic
- They didn't believe Lister
- They enjoyed infecting patients
5. Which statement is not true:
- Lister influenced the use of sterilised rubber gloves
- Lister influenced surgeons to stop operating in ordinary clothes and to wear surgical gowns and face masks instead
- Lister influenced operating theatres and hospitals to be rigorously cleaned
- Lister believed: 'success depends on attention to detail'
Similar History resources: