1. What did Harold Gillies help improve?
- Plastic surgery
- Blood transfusions
- X-ray machines
- Brain surgery
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who discovered different blood groups?
- Karl Landsteiner
- Robert Lister
- Reuben Ottenberg
- Watson and Crick
3. What did Lister advice surgeons to do before surgery?
- Wash their hands in carbolic
- Wash their hands in warm soapy water
- Spray carbolic in the operating table
4. Why did people oppose to using chloroform?
- Doctors could no longer show off how quickly they could perform an operation
- Hannah Greener lived through an operation with chloroform to find she grew an extra toe nail
- Pain was invented by the devil and people may become even more ill if they didn't feel their pain
- Chloroform had been tested and harmful side effects had been discovered
5. Who discovered chloroform?
- Humphry Davis
- James Simpson
- Robert Liston
- Dr Keith
Similar History resources: