1. What did Lister advice surgeons to do before surgery?
- Wash their hands in warm soapy water
- Wash their hands in carbolic
- Spray carbolic in the operating table
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was the main reason the opposition to chloroform weaken?
- Hannah Greener lived through the operation on her toe nail - proving to other surgeons chloroform did work
- Queen Victoria used it when giving birth to her child
- James Simpson died and people felt sorry for him
- People preferred not feeling pain during surgery
3. What were some of the down sides to chloroform?
- Surgeons tried more risky operations and killed more people
- People enjoyed pain and didn't want it to end
- It gave people the flu
- Patients couldn't tell the surgeon when to stop
4. Why did surgeons oppose carbolic spray?
- They enjoyed taking their time and didn't want to waste time spray carbolic
- They enjoyed infecting patients
- They didn't believe Lister
- They didn't like Lister
5. Who discovered different blood groups?
- Karl Landsteiner
- Watson and Crick
- Robert Lister
- Reuben Ottenberg
Similar History resources: