1. Who discovered carbolic spray?
- William Halsted
- Joseph Lister
- Louis Pasteur
- Robert Liston
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. What specifically did scientists discover, to do with blood transfusions, during WW1?
- Sodium citrate would prevent blood clotting and how to separate blood to be stored
- How to store blood
- Hydrochloric acid will increase the shelf life of blood once it has been seperated
- X-ray machines will help store blood so it doesn't clot
3. Who discovered different blood groups?
- Watson and Crick
- Robert Lister
- Karl Landsteiner
- Reuben Ottenberg
4. What were some of the down sides to chloroform?
- Patients couldn't tell the surgeon when to stop
- Surgeons tried more risky operations and killed more people
- It gave people the flu
- People enjoyed pain and didn't want it to end
5. What did Harold Gillies help improve?
- Plastic surgery
- Blood transfusions
- X-ray machines
- Brain surgery
Similar History resources: