1. Who discovered different blood groups?
- Watson and Crick
- Karl Landsteiner
- Reuben Ottenberg
- Robert Lister
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Where did the idea of using carbolic spray come from?
3. What specifically did scientists discover, to do with blood transfusions, during WW1?
- X-ray machines will help store blood so it doesn't clot
- How to store blood
- Sodium citrate would prevent blood clotting and how to separate blood to be stored
- Hydrochloric acid will increase the shelf life of blood once it has been seperated
4. Which anaesthetic was the first to be discovered?
- Laughing gas
5. Why did people oppose to using chloroform?
- Hannah Greener lived through an operation with chloroform to find she grew an extra toe nail
- Pain was invented by the devil and people may become even more ill if they didn't feel their pain
- Doctors could no longer show off how quickly they could perform an operation
- Chloroform had been tested and harmful side effects had been discovered
Similar History resources: