1. Who discovered carbolic spray?
- Joseph Lister
- Robert Liston
- Louis Pasteur
- William Halsted
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why did surgeons oppose carbolic spray?
- They didn't believe Lister
- They enjoyed taking their time and didn't want to waste time spray carbolic
- They enjoyed infecting patients
- They didn't like Lister
3. What did Lister advice surgeons to do before surgery?
- Spray carbolic in the operating table
- Wash their hands in warm soapy water
- Wash their hands in carbolic
4. Who discovered different blood groups?
- Watson and Crick
- Karl Landsteiner
- Reuben Ottenberg
- Robert Lister
5. Which anaesthetic was the first to be discovered?
- Laughing gas
Similar History resources: