1. What movement is the trapezius responsible for in the shoulder joint?
- The trapezius retracts the shoulder girdle
- The trapezius abducts, extends, and outwardly rotates the shoulder
- The trapezius elevates and retracts the shoulder girdle
- The trapezius adductus, extends, and outwarldy rotates the arm
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the best way to prevent injury in the shoulder?
- warm up (including strength training, joint stability, muscles stretches and specific dance technique training)
- only stretch the shoulder to prevent muscle strain
- Not cooling down
- not warming up the shoulder to prevent overuse of joint
3. which type of injury DOES NOT occur at the shoulder joint?
- rotator cuff tear
- shoulder instability
- frozen shoulder
4. how many different types of movement occur at the shoulder joint?
5. what is the purpose of cartilage in the shoulder joint?
- protects the surrounding muscles from pulling
- protect surrounding muscles from tearing
- To protect the bones from rubbing and grinding away at each other, and to lubricate movement
- acts as a glue keeping joint together