1. which bone is NOT part of the shoulder joint?
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the best way to prevent injury in the shoulder?
- warm up (including strength training, joint stability, muscles stretches and specific dance technique training)
- only stretch the shoulder to prevent muscle strain
- Not cooling down
- not warming up the shoulder to prevent overuse of joint
3. What is the scapula?
- The shorter, more lateral bone in the forearm
- The longer bone in the forearm
- The scapula is the technical name for the shoulder blade. It is a flat, triangular bone that lies over the back of the upper ribs. The rear surface can be felt under the skin. It serves as an attachment for some of the muscles and tendons of the arm,
- The longest and only bone in the upper arm
4. What muscles are responsible for movement in the shoulder?
- obliques (external and internal), Transverse abdominis, Rectus abdominis
- gastrocenemius, quadracep, semitendious, satorius
- Trapezius, Deltoid, Rhomboids, Lattisimus doris, Pectorals, Levator scapulae
- Bicep, Tricep
5. What is shoulder instability?
- when the ligaments and tendons holding the joint in place are stretched beyond their normal limits. This results in the shoulder becoming unstable
- When the muscles aren't strong enough to hold the joint in place
- when the bones in the shoulder joint are too big
- when the bones in the shoulder joint haven't grown properly and are too small