1. which type of injury DOES NOT occur at the shoulder joint?
- frozen shoulder
- rotator cuff tear
- shoulder instability
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the scapula?
- The longer bone in the forearm
- The scapula is the technical name for the shoulder blade. It is a flat, triangular bone that lies over the back of the upper ribs. The rear surface can be felt under the skin. It serves as an attachment for some of the muscles and tendons of the arm,
- The shorter, more lateral bone in the forearm
- The longest and only bone in the upper arm
3. What is the best way to prevent injury in the shoulder?
- not warming up the shoulder to prevent overuse of joint
- only stretch the shoulder to prevent muscle strain
- warm up (including strength training, joint stability, muscles stretches and specific dance technique training)
- Not cooling down
4. What muscles are responsible for movement in the shoulder?
- Bicep, Tricep
- obliques (external and internal), Transverse abdominis, Rectus abdominis
- Trapezius, Deltoid, Rhomboids, Lattisimus doris, Pectorals, Levator scapulae
- gastrocenemius, quadracep, semitendious, satorius
5. what is the purpose of cartilage in the shoulder joint?
- To protect the bones from rubbing and grinding away at each other, and to lubricate movement
- protect surrounding muscles from tearing
- acts as a glue keeping joint together
- protects the surrounding muscles from pulling