1. Who says the media focus on dramatic events and not the causes of crime?
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who says the media focus on certain types of crime and what are they?
- Chibnall - Sexual and drug crime
- Reiner - Violent and sexual crimes
- Carrabine - Property and violent crimes
- The PMC - Political activism and not PMC stuff which rocks!!!!
3. Who says the media coverage of crime tends to reflect the concerns of the powerful?
- Hall et al
- The weak
4. Who identified four factors that make a good story?
- Carrabine - Surprise, Drama, Titillation, Focus on personalities
- The Storyteller - Surprise buttsex, Drama Llama, Tittylation, Focus on the cult of personality (The song)
- Chibnall - Surprise, Drama, Titillation, Focus on personalities
- Reiner - Surprise, Drama, Titillation, Focus on personalities
5. What is the official definition of crime?
- Constructed by agencies responsible for crime control e.g police and courts
- Reflects the selective attention of the news media to crime
- Constructed by the public with little direct experience or expert knowledge of crime
- A masked man wearing black and white stripes with a suspicious bag of swag running from police!