1. Who says the media coverage of crime tends to reflect the concerns of the powerful?
- Hall et al
- The weak
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who says the media focus on certain types of crime and what are they?
- The PMC - Political activism and not PMC stuff which rocks!!!!
- Carrabine - Property and violent crimes
- Reiner - Violent and sexual crimes
- Chibnall - Sexual and drug crime
3. Who argues media coverage of crime reflects public concerns?
- Lea and Young (Right Realists) - Tabloids often read by working class people in inncer city areas where violent crime is persistant
- The Media
- Lea and Young (Left Realists) - Tabloids often read by working class people in inncer city areas where violent crime is persistant
- Lea and Young (Left Realists) - Broadsheets often read by Middle class people in suburban areas where boring crime is persistant
4. Who says the media focus on dramatic events and not the causes of crime?
5. What is the public definition of crime?
- Reflects the selective attention of the news media to crime
- Your neighbour Totoro winning the best garden contest! :0
- Constructed by the public with little direct experience or expert knowledge of crime
- Constructed by agencies responsible for crime control e.g police and courts