1. what gene triggers the release of hormones in male embyos?
- CAH gene
- SRY gene
- AIS gene
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. what area of the hypothalamus is linked to gender?
- the long term memory
- sexually dimorphic nucleus
- the whole of the hypothalamus
3. what happens when a genetically female embryo is over exposed to male hormones?
- it develops ambiguous genitalia (CAH)
- it develops male sex organs
- it does not not develop any sex organs
4. what happens when a genetically male embryo is exposed to too little testosterone?
- it does not develop any sex organs
- it appears to be a female when it's born (AIS)
- it develops female sex organs
- it does not develop male sex organs
5. what is the difference of this part of the hypothalamus for males and females
- it is 2.5X larger in males
- it is 2.5X smaller in females
- it is 2.5X smaller in males
- it is 2.5X larger in females