1. What did Breen and Zimmerman find?
- Online gambling addiction takes 1 year, horseracing gambling addiction takes 3.5 years
- Alcohol plays a large part
- Other factors are more important
- Doesn't explain why some types of gambling are more addictive
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who researched into smoking relapse, finding out about poor boredom tolerance?
- Buka et al
- Breen and Zimmerman
- Blaszczynski et al
- Thorgeirsson et al
3. What % of smoking initiation is due to genetics, according to the previous study?
4. What % did Xian et al find responsibility for failure to quit due to heritability?
5. What did Vink et al find in the maintenance of smoking addiction?
- nicotine dependence is 85% genetics
- smoking in pregnancy doubles future smoking risk of fetus
- nicotine dependence is 75% genetics, nicotine metabolism
- maintenence of addiction equally biological factors and external factors