1. At what age does the Latency period occur?
- Lasts from 18 months to around 3 years old.
- Around the age of about 5 years old.
- Lasts from birth to around 18 months.
- Starts at puberty.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is libido?
- Energy that never increases or decreases; sexual energy.
- The instinct for self-preservation and sexual energy, which leads to arousal.
- The death instinct; provides energy to inhibit eros.
3. What two ways can cause a fixation?
- Frustration and deprivation.
- Having a expulsive or retentive character.
- Frustration and overindulgence.
- Gaining pleasure in a psychosexual stage.
4. What is the ego?
- Develops at around the age of 18 months and is the rational part of the personality. It's designed to balance the personality.
- The primitive part of the personality, often described as the biological component of the mind, as it is the one we are born with, which works on the pleasure principle and is the demanding aspect of our personality, which always wants our desires.
- Develops at around four years of age, and derives from the morality principle and is the “can’t have” part of the personality, which is made up of two components: the conscience and the ego ideal.
5. What is the adult character if fixation occurs in the anal stage?
- Reckless, vain, proud, and possibly incapable of loving another person.
- Fixation cannot occur.
- Either anal-expulsive OR anal-retentive.
- Either envious, pessimistic and sarcastic OR optimistic, admiring and gullible.
Similar Psychology resources: