1. What is the adult character if fixation occurs in the genital stage?
- Reckless, vain, proud, and possibly incapable of loving another person.
- Relationship problems can occur, according to Freud, which includes the development of homosexuality.
- Either anal-expulsive OR anal-retentive.
- Fixation cannot occur.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. At what age does the Phallic stage occur?
- Lasts from 18 months to around 3 years old.
- Starts at puberty.
- Occurs around the age of 4/5 years old.
- Lasts from birth to around 18 months.
3. What part of the body is the focus of sexual energy in the Latent stage?
- There isn't one.
- The mouth.
- The ****.
- The genitals.
4. What is projection?
- When somebody deals with having unacceptable thoughts by saying that they are somebody else’s thoughts.
- Keeping thoughts in the unconscious mind so that they are not remembered, as they are not allowed inside the conscious.
- When someone denies a traumatic event has occurred and acts as though nothing has happened, protecting the individual from unhappy or unacceptable thoughts.
5. As a key assumption of the approach, what did Freud believe was the importance of the first five years?
- We have a certain amount of energy which doesn't increase or decrease.
- The unconscious mind is the most powerful.
- The most important in terms of forming a personality, and that if there are any unsolved problems at one stage, your development will be disrupted.
- Our genetics determine our gender development due to the difference between the one Y chromosome.