1. Which two courts hear civil cases?
- County; Magistrates'
- High; Magistrates'
- County; High
- Crown; High
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who hears cases in the County Courts?
- Judges; extremely rare for a jury to accompany
- lay magistrates
- Judges, always with a jury
- Juries and lay magistrates
3. Who tries cases in Magistrates' Courts?
- District Judges and jury
- District Judges or lay magistrates
- District Judges and lay magistrates
- lay magistrates and jury
4. What are the civil appeal courts?
- County; High; Supreme
- High; Court of Appeal (Civil Division); Supreme
- High; Court of Appeal (Criminal Division); Supreme
- County; Court of Appeal (Civil Division); Supreme
5. What is a judge's role in Crown Courts?
- Decide points of law
- Decides if defendant is liable or not liable
- Decides if defendant is guilty or not guilty
- Decides defendant's sentence