1. What do arteriole walls contain?
- Only smooth muscle
- More smooth muscle and less elastin than arteries
- More smooth muscle and more enodthelium than arteries
- Less smooth msucle and more collagen than arteries
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the function of arterioles?
- Prevent the diffusion of excess water
- Constrict and dilate to control blood flow to individual organs
- Link capillaries and veins
- Remove tissue fluid
3. What do the walls of venules contain?
- Little smooth msucle
- Lots of elastic fibre
- Lots of collagen
- Lots of collagen and elastic fibre
4. What is the diameter of a capillary?
- 7.5-8 um
- 9-10 um
- 0.5 um
- 4.5-6 um
5. Why do capillaries in the brain have tight junctions?
- To prevent fluid on the brain
- Prevent the drainage of brain fluid
- To prevent essential minerals diffusing into the capillaries
- Ensure that oxygen does not diffuse back into the capillaries