1. Which is NOT an adaption of the capillaries?
- Large surface area for diffusion
- Walls which are 1 cell thick
- Rough lining
- Bigger cross sectional area than the artery supplying them
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the blood pressure in the veins?
- Greater than the arteries
- Very low
- Very high
3. What is the diameter of a capillary?
- 9-10 um
- 0.5 um
- 7.5-8 um
- 4.5-6 um
4. What is the function of valves?
- Ensure the blood is flowing very fast
- To prevent backflow
- Prevent carbon dioxide diffusing into tissues
- Ensure all oxygen diffuses from the blood
5. What are capillary walls made of?
- Elastic Fibres
- Endothelium and smooth muscle
- 1 cell thick endothelium
- Collagen and endothelium