1. What is the function of valves?
- Prevent carbon dioxide diffusing into tissues
- To prevent backflow
- Ensure all oxygen diffuses from the blood
- Ensure the blood is flowing very fast
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What do arteriole walls contain?
- Only smooth muscle
- More smooth muscle and less elastin than arteries
- More smooth muscle and more enodthelium than arteries
- Less smooth msucle and more collagen than arteries
3. What do artery walls contain?
- Collagen and elastic fibres only
- Elastic fibres, smooth muscle and collagen
- Elastic fibres and smooth muscle only
- Elastic fibres and collagen only
4. What is a property of blood entering the capillaries from the placenta and lungs?
- Blood contains lots of glucose
- Blood is flowing very fast
- Blood is deoxygenated
- Blood is oxygenated
5. Why do capillaries in the brain have tight junctions?
- Prevent the drainage of brain fluid
- To prevent fluid on the brain
- Ensure that oxygen does not diffuse back into the capillaries
- To prevent essential minerals diffusing into the capillaries