1. What is the function of arterioles?
- Constrict and dilate to control blood flow to individual organs
- Remove tissue fluid
- Link capillaries and veins
- Prevent the diffusion of excess water
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are capillary walls made of?
- Elastic Fibres
- 1 cell thick endothelium
- Collagen and endothelium
- Endothelium and smooth muscle
3. Which is not a way in which blood flow is maintained in the veins?
- Breathing movements of the chest act as a pump forcing blood towards the heart
- Muscles contract squeezing the veins forcing blood towards the heart
- Elastic recoil
- One way valves to prevent backflow
4. What is a property of blood entering the capillaries from the placenta and lungs?
- Blood is flowing very fast
- Blood is deoxygenated
- Blood contains lots of glucose
- Blood is oxygenated
5. What is the diameter of a capillary?
- 7.5-8 um
- 0.5 um
- 4.5-6 um
- 9-10 um