1. What is the function of arterioles?
- Prevent the diffusion of excess water
- Constrict and dilate to control blood flow to individual organs
- Link capillaries and veins
- Remove tissue fluid
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What do the walls of venules contain?
- Lots of collagen and elastic fibre
- Lots of elastic fibre
- Little smooth msucle
- Lots of collagen
3. Which is not a way in which blood flow is maintained in the veins?
- Elastic recoil
- Muscles contract squeezing the veins forcing blood towards the heart
- One way valves to prevent backflow
- Breathing movements of the chest act as a pump forcing blood towards the heart
4. What is the function of valves?
- To prevent backflow
- Ensure the blood is flowing very fast
- Ensure all oxygen diffuses from the blood
- Prevent carbon dioxide diffusing into tissues
5. What do artery walls contain?
- Elastic fibres, smooth muscle and collagen
- Elastic fibres and smooth muscle only
- Collagen and elastic fibres only
- Elastic fibres and collagen only