1. What is the diameter of a capillary?
- 4.5-6 um
- 9-10 um
- 7.5-8 um
- 0.5 um
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the function of valves?
- Ensure the blood is flowing very fast
- Ensure all oxygen diffuses from the blood
- To prevent backflow
- Prevent carbon dioxide diffusing into tissues
3. Why do capillaries in the brain have tight junctions?
- Ensure that oxygen does not diffuse back into the capillaries
- To prevent fluid on the brain
- To prevent essential minerals diffusing into the capillaries
- Prevent the drainage of brain fluid
4. What is the function of arterioles?
- Constrict and dilate to control blood flow to individual organs
- Remove tissue fluid
- Link capillaries and veins
- Prevent the diffusion of excess water
5. What is the blood pressure in the veins?
- Very low
- Very high
- Greater than the arteries