1. Which is NOT an adaption of the capillaries?
- Bigger cross sectional area than the artery supplying them
- Large surface area for diffusion
- Rough lining
- Walls which are 1 cell thick
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which is not a way in which blood flow is maintained in the veins?
- Breathing movements of the chest act as a pump forcing blood towards the heart
- Muscles contract squeezing the veins forcing blood towards the heart
- Elastic recoil
- One way valves to prevent backflow
3. What is the blood pressure in the veins?
- Very low
- Greater than the arteries
- Very high
4. What do arteriole walls contain?
- More smooth muscle and more enodthelium than arteries
- More smooth muscle and less elastin than arteries
- Less smooth msucle and more collagen than arteries
- Only smooth muscle
5. What is the function of arterioles?
- Link capillaries and veins
- Prevent the diffusion of excess water
- Constrict and dilate to control blood flow to individual organs
- Remove tissue fluid