1. What is the function of arterioles?
- Prevent the diffusion of excess water
- Constrict and dilate to control blood flow to individual organs
- Link capillaries and veins
- Remove tissue fluid
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What do arteriole walls contain?
- More smooth muscle and less elastin than arteries
- Less smooth msucle and more collagen than arteries
- More smooth muscle and more enodthelium than arteries
- Only smooth muscle
3. What is a property of blood entering the capillaries from the placenta and lungs?
- Blood is flowing very fast
- Blood is oxygenated
- Blood is deoxygenated
- Blood contains lots of glucose
4. What do artery walls contain?
- Elastic fibres, smooth muscle and collagen
- Elastic fibres and collagen only
- Elastic fibres and smooth muscle only
- Collagen and elastic fibres only
5. What do the walls of venules contain?
- Lots of collagen
- Little smooth msucle
- Lots of elastic fibre
- Lots of collagen and elastic fibre