1. what is meant by the term 'stop codon'?
- a codon that doesnt stop working
- a codon that does not code for an amino acid, but instead indicates the end of a polypeptide chain
- a codon that stops all metabolic functions within a cell
- a codon that stops the production of ATP within a cell
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. what is meant by the code is almost universal?
- the same sequences of bases, code for the same amino acids in all organisms
- the genetic code exists all over the world
- every organism has the same proteins
- all DNA is the same
3. Give an example of a structural protein that DNA codes for:
- Collagen and Keratin
- Fibre and Hooves
- Haemoglobin and Cellulose
4. What is meant by the term gene?
- A sequence of DNA nucleotides that code for a polypeptide
- a section of DNA
- a section of DNA that codes for lipids
- a short strand of DNA
5. What is meant by the code is degenerate?
- all amino acids have at least 5 different codons
- only one codon can code for one amino acid
- a given amino acid maybe coded for by more than one codon
- 1 amino acid can only be coded for by one specific codon