1. What is meant by the term Reference Strand?
- A strand of DNA that mRNA uses as a template in transcription
- A strand that people refer to when wanting to know which bases code for what protein
- An enzyme used to catalyse mRNA production
- A template for translation
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is mean by the code is non-overlapping?
- each codon is only present in one protein
- each codon codes for one amino acid
- each amino acid is specific to one particular codon
- only 1 amino acid can be coded for by 1 codon
3. What is meant by the code is degenerate?
- all amino acids have at least 5 different codons
- a given amino acid maybe coded for by more than one codon
- 1 amino acid can only be coded for by one specific codon
- only one codon can code for one amino acid
4. What is meant by the term gene?
- a section of DNA that codes for lipids
- A sequence of DNA nucleotides that code for a polypeptide
- a section of DNA
- a short strand of DNA
5. what is meant by the term 'stop codon'?
- a codon that doesnt stop working
- a codon that does not code for an amino acid, but instead indicates the end of a polypeptide chain
- a codon that stops all metabolic functions within a cell
- a codon that stops the production of ATP within a cell