1. What is meant by the term Reference Strand?
- A strand of DNA that mRNA uses as a template in transcription
- A strand that people refer to when wanting to know which bases code for what protein
- An enzyme used to catalyse mRNA production
- A template for translation
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. what is meant by the code is almost universal?
- every organism has the same proteins
- the same sequences of bases, code for the same amino acids in all organisms
- the genetic code exists all over the world
- all DNA is the same
3. What is meant by the code is degenerate?
- only one codon can code for one amino acid
- a given amino acid maybe coded for by more than one codon
- all amino acids have at least 5 different codons
- 1 amino acid can only be coded for by one specific codon
4. What is meant by the term gene?
- a section of DNA that codes for lipids
- a short strand of DNA
- A sequence of DNA nucleotides that code for a polypeptide
- a section of DNA
5. Give an example of a structural protein that DNA codes for:
- Collagen and Keratin
- Haemoglobin and Cellulose
- Fibre and Hooves