- Created by: ACGreen2001
- Created on: 28-09-18 12:11
1. Which of these statements about the endocrine system could ALSO be used to describe the nervous system?
- The system takes seconds to act.
- Blood vessels,glands and hormones are used to transmit information.
- Information is only transmitted through chemical messengers.
- The system is used to regulate physiological processes in the body.
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. The endocrine system is best described as:
- The system that mainly prepares the body for emergency situations.
- The network of glands throughout the body that secrete chemical messengers known as hormones.
- The complex network of nerve cells that carry messages to and from the brain.
3. Which of the following is NOT true about the pituitary gland?
- It is mainly involved in the fight or flight response.
- It produces hormones that travel in the bloodstream to a specific target.
- It is controlled by the hypothalamus.
- It influences the release of hormones from other glands in the body.
4. Which of the following is NOT a hormone?
5. Which of these is used as a 'nickname' for the pituitary gland?
- The 'minor gland'
- The 'master gland'
- The 'clever gland'
- The 'biggest gland'