1. After 'The Incident', Charles plead innocence, what contributing factor did not help his case?
- Charles plead innocence behind a force of 100+ soldiers
- Charles plead innocence and then laughed after speaking in front of Scottish Parliament
- Charles plead innocence, stating that it was 'just a prank'
- Charles plead innocence in a tone that indicated indifference
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. These false promises soon led to what?
- Slight disagreement
3. How many committees were set up while Charles was in Scotland?
4. What false promises did Charles make to the Irish?
- To withdraw all English influence from Ireland in exchange for support against Parliamentarian forces
- Alleviate Ireland of extra taxes altogether for support against Parliament
- An end to further plantations, and a confirmation of the Graces in exchange for royal allegiance
- To reduce tax costs in exchange for allegiance to the Crown
5. What did Charles hope to capitalise on in Scotland?
- The discontent of those who felt the Covenanters went too far, too fast
- The Scottish Army in Northumberland
- The increasing amount of Royalist support in England
- More stuff
Similar History resources: