1. How did Charles cause distrust within Scottish Parliament?
- Appointing Royalist officials rather than promising to appoint officials with Scottish Parliament's confirmation
- By manipulating votes in Scottish Parliament
- Attempting to spread royalist influence to members of Parliament
- Failing to turn the public against the Scottish Government
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following were one of the aims of the Irish Rebels in the early stages?
- Freedom of worships without financial or political consequence
- To amass an army large enough to invade England
- To cleanse Ireland of all Protestant supporters
- To get rid of Strafford
3. What false promises did Charles make to the Irish?
- To withdraw all English influence from Ireland in exchange for support against Parliamentarian forces
- An end to further plantations, and a confirmation of the Graces in exchange for royal allegiance
- To reduce tax costs in exchange for allegiance to the Crown
- Alleviate Ireland of extra taxes altogether for support against Parliament
4. What did Charles hope to capitalise on in Scotland?
- The increasing amount of Royalist support in England
- The discontent of those who felt the Covenanters went too far, too fast
- The Scottish Army in Northumberland
- More stuff
5. What was one of the responsibilities of these committees?
- To monitor the King's activities in Ireland
- To monitor the King's activities in Scotland
- To oversee Scottish military infrastructure
- To do stuff
Similar History resources: