1. What was one of the responsibilities of these committees?
- To monitor the King's activities in Scotland
- To oversee Scottish military infrastructure
- To monitor the King's activities in Ireland
- To do stuff
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. After 'The Incident', Charles plead innocence, what contributing factor did not help his case?
- Charles plead innocence, stating that it was 'just a prank'
- Charles plead innocence behind a force of 100+ soldiers
- Charles plead innocence and then laughed after speaking in front of Scottish Parliament
- Charles plead innocence in a tone that indicated indifference
3. What false promises did Charles make to the Irish?
- To withdraw all English influence from Ireland in exchange for support against Parliamentarian forces
- An end to further plantations, and a confirmation of the Graces in exchange for royal allegiance
- To reduce tax costs in exchange for allegiance to the Crown
- Alleviate Ireland of extra taxes altogether for support against Parliament
4. Which of the following were one of the aims of the Irish Rebels in the early stages?
- To cleanse Ireland of all Protestant supporters
- To get rid of Strafford
- Freedom of worships without financial or political consequence
- To amass an army large enough to invade England
5. How many committees were set up while Charles was in Scotland?
Similar History resources: