1. What false promises did Charles make to the Irish?
- To withdraw all English influence from Ireland in exchange for support against Parliamentarian forces
- Alleviate Ireland of extra taxes altogether for support against Parliament
- An end to further plantations, and a confirmation of the Graces in exchange for royal allegiance
- To reduce tax costs in exchange for allegiance to the Crown
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. How many committees were set up while Charles was in Scotland?
3. What was 'The Incident'?
- An attempted assassination of Covenant Leaders
- Charles' attempt to free the Earl of Strafford from the Tower of London
- The beginning of the outbreak of the English Civil War
- When Charles began to run out of ideas for Incorrect Answers
4. What led to the breakdown of the Anti-Strafford Coalition/Alliance in Ireland?
- The Anti-Strafford factions were defeated in major battles against Royalist forces
- Conflicting views overwhelmed the leaders of the coalition
- Strafford returned to England, leaving the Irish factions with no common enemy to unite against
- Strafford negotiated and favoured 1 of the 3 factions that were allied against him
5. These false promises soon led to what?
- Slight disagreement
Similar History resources: