1. What led to the breakdown of the Anti-Strafford Coalition/Alliance in Ireland?
- The Anti-Strafford factions were defeated in major battles against Royalist forces
- Conflicting views overwhelmed the leaders of the coalition
- Strafford returned to England, leaving the Irish factions with no common enemy to unite against
- Strafford negotiated and favoured 1 of the 3 factions that were allied against him
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did Charles hope to capitalise on in Scotland?
- The discontent of those who felt the Covenanters went too far, too fast
- More stuff
- The Scottish Army in Northumberland
- The increasing amount of Royalist support in England
3. These false promises soon led to what?
- Slight disagreement
4. After 'The Incident', Charles plead innocence, what contributing factor did not help his case?
- Charles plead innocence in a tone that indicated indifference
- Charles plead innocence behind a force of 100+ soldiers
- Charles plead innocence, stating that it was 'just a prank'
- Charles plead innocence and then laughed after speaking in front of Scottish Parliament
5. How many committees were set up while Charles was in Scotland?
Similar History resources: