1. What was one of the responsibilities of these committees?
- To monitor the King's activities in Scotland
- To do stuff
- To oversee Scottish military infrastructure
- To monitor the King's activities in Ireland
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. These false promises soon led to what?
- Slight disagreement
3. How did Charles cause distrust within Scottish Parliament?
- Failing to turn the public against the Scottish Government
- Appointing Royalist officials rather than promising to appoint officials with Scottish Parliament's confirmation
- Attempting to spread royalist influence to members of Parliament
- By manipulating votes in Scottish Parliament
4. What led to the breakdown of the Anti-Strafford Coalition/Alliance in Ireland?
- Conflicting views overwhelmed the leaders of the coalition
- Strafford negotiated and favoured 1 of the 3 factions that were allied against him
- Strafford returned to England, leaving the Irish factions with no common enemy to unite against
- The Anti-Strafford factions were defeated in major battles against Royalist forces
5. What false promises did Charles make to the Irish?
- To withdraw all English influence from Ireland in exchange for support against Parliamentarian forces
- An end to further plantations, and a confirmation of the Graces in exchange for royal allegiance
- To reduce tax costs in exchange for allegiance to the Crown
- Alleviate Ireland of extra taxes altogether for support against Parliament
Similar History resources: