1. What was 'The Incident'?
- The beginning of the outbreak of the English Civil War
- An attempted assassination of Covenant Leaders
- Charles' attempt to free the Earl of Strafford from the Tower of London
- When Charles began to run out of ideas for Incorrect Answers
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. These false promises soon led to what?
- Slight disagreement
3. What led to the breakdown of the Anti-Strafford Coalition/Alliance in Ireland?
- Strafford returned to England, leaving the Irish factions with no common enemy to unite against
- Strafford negotiated and favoured 1 of the 3 factions that were allied against him
- The Anti-Strafford factions were defeated in major battles against Royalist forces
- Conflicting views overwhelmed the leaders of the coalition
4. What did Charles hope to capitalise on in Scotland?
- The increasing amount of Royalist support in England
- The discontent of those who felt the Covenanters went too far, too fast
- The Scottish Army in Northumberland
- More stuff
5. How did Charles cause distrust within Scottish Parliament?
- Failing to turn the public against the Scottish Government
- By manipulating votes in Scottish Parliament
- Appointing Royalist officials rather than promising to appoint officials with Scottish Parliament's confirmation
- Attempting to spread royalist influence to members of Parliament
Similar History resources: