1. After 'The Incident', Charles plead innocence, what contributing factor did not help his case?
- Charles plead innocence in a tone that indicated indifference
- Charles plead innocence and then laughed after speaking in front of Scottish Parliament
- Charles plead innocence behind a force of 100+ soldiers
- Charles plead innocence, stating that it was 'just a prank'
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. These false promises soon led to what?
- Slight disagreement
3. How many committees were set up while Charles was in Scotland?
4. What did Charles hope to capitalise on in Scotland?
- More stuff
- The Scottish Army in Northumberland
- The discontent of those who felt the Covenanters went too far, too fast
- The increasing amount of Royalist support in England
5. Which of the following were one of the aims of the Irish Rebels in the early stages?
- To cleanse Ireland of all Protestant supporters
- Freedom of worships without financial or political consequence
- To amass an army large enough to invade England
- To get rid of Strafford
Similar History resources: