1. What was 'The Incident'?
- When Charles began to run out of ideas for Incorrect Answers
- An attempted assassination of Covenant Leaders
- The beginning of the outbreak of the English Civil War
- Charles' attempt to free the Earl of Strafford from the Tower of London
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. These false promises soon led to what?
- Slight disagreement
3. How did Charles cause distrust within Scottish Parliament?
- Attempting to spread royalist influence to members of Parliament
- Failing to turn the public against the Scottish Government
- Appointing Royalist officials rather than promising to appoint officials with Scottish Parliament's confirmation
- By manipulating votes in Scottish Parliament
4. How many committees were set up while Charles was in Scotland?
5. What false promises did Charles make to the Irish?
- To withdraw all English influence from Ireland in exchange for support against Parliamentarian forces
- Alleviate Ireland of extra taxes altogether for support against Parliament
- An end to further plantations, and a confirmation of the Graces in exchange for royal allegiance
- To reduce tax costs in exchange for allegiance to the Crown
Similar History resources: