1. What was 'The Incident'?
- An attempted assassination of Covenant Leaders
- Charles' attempt to free the Earl of Strafford from the Tower of London
- The beginning of the outbreak of the English Civil War
- When Charles began to run out of ideas for Incorrect Answers
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. How many committees were set up while Charles was in Scotland?
3. What false promises did Charles make to the Irish?
- An end to further plantations, and a confirmation of the Graces in exchange for royal allegiance
- Alleviate Ireland of extra taxes altogether for support against Parliament
- To reduce tax costs in exchange for allegiance to the Crown
- To withdraw all English influence from Ireland in exchange for support against Parliamentarian forces
4. What did Charles hope to capitalise on in Scotland?
- The increasing amount of Royalist support in England
- More stuff
- The discontent of those who felt the Covenanters went too far, too fast
- The Scottish Army in Northumberland
5. Which of the following were one of the aims of the Irish Rebels in the early stages?
- To get rid of Strafford
- Freedom of worships without financial or political consequence
- To cleanse Ireland of all Protestant supporters
- To amass an army large enough to invade England
Similar History resources: