1. Whilst the popish plot was taking place, what did Henrietta Maria do?
- She seeked assisstance from Charles
- She converted to a different religion to allow the fighting to stop
- She seeked assisstance from foreign Catholic powers
- She seeked assisstance from her close friends
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What raised new forces about absolutism and popish tyranny
- Events in Ireland
- Events in Scotland and Ireland
- Events in Scotland
- Events in Northern Ireland
3. What happened once the Court of High Commission was abolished??
- The Court of High Commission ws brought back into the country after 5 months
- There was a flood of pamphlets which argued for the Court of High Commission to come back
- There was a flood of pamphlets attacking the established Church, which used extreme language that offended many
- Posters were put around England using negative language
4. What did Pym do to protect the Church?
- Put an army around the Church to prevent any destruction to its structure
- Made it more Catholic
- Made it more Protestant
- Became a Bishop
5. What was the basic ideology behind the popish plot?
- Subvert England's libertis and impose a new Catholic tyranny by force
- Impose a new Catholic tyranny by force
- Subvert England's liberties
- Subvert England's liberties and ask the people living within England whether or not they wanted to convert to Catholicism
Similar History resources: