1. What was the basic ideology behind the popish plot?
- Subvert England's libertis and impose a new Catholic tyranny by force
- Impose a new Catholic tyranny by force
- Subvert England's liberties
- Subvert England's liberties and ask the people living within England whether or not they wanted to convert to Catholicism
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What raised new forces about absolutism and popish tyranny
- Events in Northern Ireland
- Events in Scotland
- Events in Scotland and Ireland
- Events in Ireland
3. What two important gestures did Charles make?
- He appointed John Williams
- He appointed Pym to be Archbishop of York and wrote to the Lords to reassur them
- He apointed John Williams, to be Archbishop of York and wrote to the Lords to reassure them
- He appointed John Williams to be Archbishop of York and wrote to the bishops worrying them about their religious positions in the church
- Wrote to the bishops to reassure them
- He appointed John Williams to be Archbishop of York and wrote to his wife about the new decision
4. What did Pym do to protect the Church?
- Became a Bishop
- Put an army around the Church to prevent any destruction to its structure
- Made it more Protestant
- Made it more Catholic
5. What did the anti-Laudians petition aim to remove?
- Innovations of the 1630's and abolish episcopacy
- Charles as King
- Innovations of the 1627's and abolish episcopacy
- Innovtions of the 1630's and abolish episocpacy
Similar History resources: