1. What happened once the Court of High Commission was abolished??
- There was a flood of pamphlets attacking the established Church, which used extreme language that offended many
- There was a flood of pamphlets which argued for the Court of High Commission to come back
- Posters were put around England using negative language
- The Court of High Commission ws brought back into the country after 5 months
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was the basic ideology behind the popish plot?
- Subvert England's liberties
- Subvert England's libertis and impose a new Catholic tyranny by force
- Impose a new Catholic tyranny by force
- Subvert England's liberties and ask the people living within England whether or not they wanted to convert to Catholicism
3. What raised new forces about absolutism and popish tyranny
- Events in Scotland and Ireland
- Events in Northern Ireland
- Events in Scotland
- Events in Ireland
4. When the parishioners took matters into their own hands, what did they do?
- Tearing own the altar rails, moving the communion table back to the west side of the church and interrupting prayer book services
- Ran a normal service like they had been doing for centuries
- Tearing down altar rails, movig the communion table back to th centre of the church and interrupting prayer book services
- Decorating the altar rails to make them seem more holy, moving the communion table to the east of the Church and interrupting prayer book services
5. What did Pym do to protect the Church?
- Made it more Protestant
- Made it more Catholic
- Became a Bishop
- Put an army around the Church to prevent any destruction to its structure
Similar History resources: