1. What was the basic ideology behind the popish plot?
- Subvert England's libertis and impose a new Catholic tyranny by force
- Subvert England's liberties and ask the people living within England whether or not they wanted to convert to Catholicism
- Impose a new Catholic tyranny by force
- Subvert England's liberties
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. Define the term Radicals
- Those who favoured sweeping changes to Church or State
- Those who hated Pym
- Those who wanted the Church or State to stay the same
- Those who wanted the King to be impeached
3. What did the anti-Laudians petition aim to remove?
- Innovtions of the 1630's and abolish episocpacy
- Innovations of the 1630's and abolish episcopacy
- Innovations of the 1627's and abolish episcopacy
- Charles as King
4. What did Pym do to protect the Church?
- Put an army around the Church to prevent any destruction to its structure
- Made it more Protestant
- Became a Bishop
- Made it more Catholic
5. What happened once the Court of High Commission was abolished??
- The Court of High Commission ws brought back into the country after 5 months
- There was a flood of pamphlets attacking the established Church, which used extreme language that offended many
- Posters were put around England using negative language
- There was a flood of pamphlets which argued for the Court of High Commission to come back
Similar History resources: