1. When the parishioners took matters into their own hands, what did they do?
- Tearing down altar rails, movig the communion table back to th centre of the church and interrupting prayer book services
- Ran a normal service like they had been doing for centuries
- Decorating the altar rails to make them seem more holy, moving the communion table to the east of the Church and interrupting prayer book services
- Tearing own the altar rails, moving the communion table back to the west side of the church and interrupting prayer book services
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. Whilst the popish plot was taking place, what did Henrietta Maria do?
- She seeked assisstance from foreign Catholic powers
- She seeked assisstance from her close friends
- She seeked assisstance from Charles
- She converted to a different religion to allow the fighting to stop
3. What did the anti-Laudians petition aim to remove?
- Innovations of the 1627's and abolish episcopacy
- Innovtions of the 1630's and abolish episocpacy
- Innovations of the 1630's and abolish episcopacy
- Charles as King
4. What did Pym do to protect the Church?
- Became a Bishop
- Put an army around the Church to prevent any destruction to its structure
- Made it more Protestant
- Made it more Catholic
5. What was the basic ideology behind the popish plot?
- Subvert England's liberties and ask the people living within England whether or not they wanted to convert to Catholicism
- Subvert England's libertis and impose a new Catholic tyranny by force
- Subvert England's liberties
- Impose a new Catholic tyranny by force
Similar History resources: