1. Maldwyn Jones said...
- '...standards of living rose appreciatively,...'
- '...business made huge profits,...'
- all of the above
- '...jobs were generally easy to find,...'
1 of 17
Other questions in this quiz
2. The boom of the 20's was...
- Unrivalled and Unprecedented
- Rivalled and Common
3. A transition needed to be made from... to...
- A war economy to a consumer driven economy
- A consumer driven economy to a war economy
4. How many Americans went to the movies each week?
- 65-95 million
- 80-100 million
- 80-100 billion
- 65-95 billion
5. Hoover said...
- 'We in America today are nearer to the final triumph over poverty than ever before in the history of any land. The poor house is vanishing from among us.
- 'The people today are experiencing something that no other generation has experienced, we are finally at the cusp of beating poverty, with the poor house vanishing from among us.'