1. When did the first Soviet ships reach the blockade?
- 26 October.
- 24 October.
- 23 October.
- 25 October.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. When did the US deploy missiles in Turkey?
- January 1961.
- February 1961.
- May 1962.
- June 1962.
3. What was the proposal made in the first letter from Khrushchev?
- USSR would not remove missiles but would enter negotiations.
- Removal of the missiles provided US promise of non-attack on Cuba.
- Removal of the missiles provided US removed missiles in Turkey.
- US should remove blockade and enter negotiations.
4. What did Brezhnev call for after the crisis?
- A break off of relations with Cuba.
- Khrushchev's removal.
- Nuclear parity with the US.
- Improved relations with the PRC.
5. What did Castro purge in March 1962?
- Escelante's Pro-US Faction.
- Escelante's Pro-Soviet Faction.
- Escalante's Pro-Soviet Faction.
- Escalante's Pro-PRC Faction.