1. What did Castro purge in March 1962?
- Escalante's Pro-PRC Faction.
- Escalante's Pro-Soviet Faction.
- Escelante's Pro-Soviet Faction.
- Escelante's Pro-US Faction.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did Brezhnev call for after the crisis?
- Khrushchev's removal.
- Nuclear parity with the US.
- A break off of relations with Cuba.
- Improved relations with the PRC.
3. Khrushchev said that the blockade was...
- "pushing mankind towards the abyss of world missile nuclear war."
- "pushing mankind towards the abyss of world war."
- "threatening Cuba."
- "a breach of the principles of peaceful coexistence."
4. What was the proposal made in the first letter from Khrushchev?
- Removal of the missiles provided US promise of non-attack on Cuba.
- US should remove blockade and enter negotiations.
- Removal of the missiles provided US removed missiles in Turkey.
- USSR would not remove missiles but would enter negotiations.
5. What did the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty agree to?
- A 10 year arms reduction programme.
- US should limit number of SLBMs.
- Nuclear technology should not be supplied to other countries.
- No one should install missiles in Cuba.