1. In a speech on 22 October, JFK called upon Khrushchev to halt "this..."
- "aggressive and careless threat to world peace."
- "reckless and provocative threat to world peace."
- "act of aggression against the security of the United States."
- "provocative and dangerous threat to world peace."
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. In what year was the 'red telephone' hotline established?
3. The flaw in the 1963 partial test ban treaty was that...
- It meant the USSR could gain nuclear parity with the US.
- Tests could still go on underwater.
- Tests could still go on underground.
- The USSR didn't sign.
4. What did the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty agree to?
- Nuclear technology should not be supplied to other countries.
- A 10 year arms reduction programme.
- US should limit number of SLBMs.
- No one should install missiles in Cuba.
5. On what date did JFK announce his blockade of Cuba?
- 20 October.
- 19 October.
- 22 October.
- 23 October.