1. What was the proposal made in the first letter from Khrushchev?
- US should remove blockade and enter negotiations.
- Removal of the missiles provided US removed missiles in Turkey.
- Removal of the missiles provided US promise of non-attack on Cuba.
- USSR would not remove missiles but would enter negotiations.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did JFK agree to?
- USSR would remove missiles and US would agree to nuclear parity.
- Non-attack on Cuba and missiles would stay in Turkey.
- Non-attack on Cuba and secret removal of missiles from Turkey.
- US troops to be installed in Cuba and secret removal of missiles from Turkey.
3. On what date did JFK announce his blockade of Cuba?
- 22 October.
- 20 October.
- 19 October.
- 23 October.
4. In what year was the 'red telephone' hotline established?
5. What date did a U-2 spy plane reveal the missile sites to the US?
- 14 October.
- 15 October.
- 11 October.
- 12 October.