1. Who made a speech to the UN on 21st of Sept, warning that attack on Cuba would mean war with the USSR?
- USSR Ambassador to Havana, Alexeyev.
- USSR Foreign Minister, Gromyko.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. In a speech on 22 October, JFK called upon Khrushchev to halt "this..."
- "act of aggression against the security of the United States."
- "aggressive and careless threat to world peace."
- "reckless and provocative threat to world peace."
- "provocative and dangerous threat to world peace."
3. How many countries signed the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty?
4. On what date did JFK announce his blockade of Cuba?
- 22 October.
- 19 October.
- 23 October.
- 20 October.
5. What was the proposal made in the second letter?
- Removal of US missiles from Japan.
- Removal of US missiles from Turkey.
- Concessions in Berlin.
- US promise of non-aggression.