1. Who were the epheboi?
- The councillors of Athens
- Young men of military age
- Men who had won battles
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Name another event of civic importance that took place.
- Boys whose fathers had been killed in war (educated at state expense) were paraded.
- Boys whose fathers had been killed in war (educated at state expense) were sacrificed.
- Boys whose fathers had been killed in war (educated at state expense) were exiled from Athens.
3. What did the judges swear?
- To be rigerous
- An oath of impartiality
- Not to kill anyone
- To not drink any wine and get drunk
4. Komos was a....
- ...opportunity for uninhibited pleasure with wine, singing and dancing
- ...a meeting before the plays were performed to discuss the festival
- ...a chance for the citizens of Athens to buy new slaves
5. What was the Parados?
- A pathway that the audience and chorus used
- A stall selling masks and food and wine
- The hill the theatre was built into
Similar Classical Civilization resources: