1. Who was a choregos?
- A sponsor for a production, would be a wealthy citizen
- A member of the chorus, the lead member
- A famous actor who has his name inscribed on the Dionysus statue
- A famous lyre player
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did the judges swear?
- An oath of impartiality
- To not drink any wine and get drunk
- Not to kill anyone
- To be rigerous
3. Name one event of civic importance that took place
- Names of citizens who had got special crowns for their civic duties were annonced
- The shops would hold a big market for all the foreigners to buy goods
- Citizens who had committed crimes were punished in the town square
4. What did the Proargon do?
- Let the actors practice on the stage
- Publicised the plays in advance of their performance.
- It was a chance for men to demonstrate their manliness by seeing who could throw the javelin the furthest
- Showed off the actor's costumes
5. What plays were performed each day?
- 3 tragedies, 1 comedy and 1 satyr
- 3 tragedies and 1 comedy
- 6 tragedies
Similar Classical Civilization resources: