Skip to content
Back to quiz
6. What is the first thing you add to test for a halide ion ?
- Add silver nitrate
- Add chlorine
- Add sodium hyroxide
- Add concentrated ammonia
7. What are the observations for the sulphate reaction?
- Barium sulphate precipitate in a blue solution
- Barium sulphate precipitate in a colourless solution
- Fizzes as co2 gas given off
8. What do u add to dissolve the chloride precipitate ?
- Dilute ammonia
- Excess silver nitrate
- Concentrated ammonia
- Barium nitrate
9. How do you test for an ammonium ion?
- Add a dilute acid
- Gently heat
- Add sodium hydroxide and gently heat
- Add sodium hydroxide
10. What are the obersavations of the testing for chloride reaction and why does this happen?
- Fizzes because co2 gas is given off
- Fizzes because oxygen is given off
- Catches fire