Skip to content
Back to quiz
6. What are the observations for the sulphate reaction?
- Fizzes as co2 gas given off
- Barium sulphate precipitate in a colourless solution
- Barium sulphate precipitate in a blue solution
7. How can you tell if you have a ammonium ion in the solution?
- A recently lit splint will re light when held in the test tube
- Hold red litmus paper in the test tube and it goes blue
- Hold damp red litmus paper in test tube and it turns blue
- Hold blue red litmus paper in the test tube and it goes red
8. What is the first thing you add to test for a halide ion ?
- Add concentrated ammonia
- Add silver nitrate
- Add sodium hyroxide
- Add chlorine
9. What do u add to dissolve the bromine preciptate?
- Concentrated ammonia
- Excess barium nitrate
- Dilute ammonia
- Excess silver nitare
10. What are the observations After adding silver nitrate to a solution containing halide ions?
- Iodine- White precipitate chlorine- yellow preciptate bromine- cream
- All yellow precipitate
- Iodine - yellow precipitate chloride- White precipitate bromine- cream precipitate
- All white preciptate