1. What do you add to a solution to test for sulphate ions?
- Silver sulphate
- Silver nitrate
- Barium nitrate
- Barium sulphate
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What do u add to dissolve the bromine preciptate?
- Excess barium nitrate
- Dilute ammonia
- Concentrated ammonia
- Excess silver nitare
3. What are the observations for the sulphate reaction?
- Barium sulphate precipitate in a colourless solution
- Barium sulphate precipitate in a blue solution
- Fizzes as co2 gas given off
4. How do you test for an ammonium ion?
- Add a dilute acid
- Gently heat
- Add sodium hydroxide and gently heat
- Add sodium hydroxide
5. What are the observations After adding silver nitrate to a solution containing halide ions?
- Iodine - yellow precipitate chloride- White precipitate bromine- cream precipitate
- All white preciptate
- Iodine- White precipitate chlorine- yellow preciptate bromine- cream
- All yellow precipitate