1. What are the observations for the sulphate reaction?
- Barium sulphate precipitate in a blue solution
- Barium sulphate precipitate in a colourless solution
- Fizzes as co2 gas given off
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are the observations After adding silver nitrate to a solution containing halide ions?
- Iodine- White precipitate chlorine- yellow preciptate bromine- cream
- Iodine - yellow precipitate chloride- White precipitate bromine- cream precipitate
- All white preciptate
- All yellow precipitate
3. What do u add to dissolve the chloride precipitate ?
- Excess silver nitrate
- Concentrated ammonia
- Dilute ammonia
- Barium nitrate
4. What are the obersavations of the testing for chloride reaction and why does this happen?
- Fizzes because oxygen is given off
- Fizzes because co2 gas is given off
- Catches fire
5. What is the first thing you add to test for a halide ion ?
- Add concentrated ammonia
- Add silver nitrate
- Add sodium hyroxide
- Add chlorine