1. How do you test for an ammonium ion?
- Add a dilute acid
- Add sodium hydroxide and gently heat
- Add sodium hydroxide
- Gently heat
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What do u add to dissolve the bromine preciptate?
- Excess barium nitrate
- Dilute ammonia
- Concentrated ammonia
- Excess silver nitare
3. What are the observations for the sulphate reaction?
- Barium sulphate precipitate in a colourless solution
- Fizzes as co2 gas given off
- Barium sulphate precipitate in a blue solution
4. What is the first thing you add to test for a halide ion ?
- Add concentrated ammonia
- Add silver nitrate
- Add sodium hyroxide
- Add chlorine
5. What are the obersavations of the testing for chloride reaction and why does this happen?
- Fizzes because co2 gas is given off
- Fizzes because oxygen is given off
- Catches fire