1. What is the term for when a speaker begins a turn before stopping and then rephrases there answer?
- false start
- incorrect utterance
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What involves moving from one topic to a related topic or from one aspect of the current topic of another?
3. What is an adjacency pair?
- sets of turns such as questions and answers
- the relationship between participants and the level of formality
- a break in the conversation
- beating around the bush
4. What involves abandoning the current topic in favor of a new unrelated topic?
5. What is dialect?
- the words only some people use
- the words that we use
- they way only some people speak
- how you speak