1. What involves moving from one topic to a related topic or from one aspect of the current topic of another?
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is overlapping?
- shortened expression
- previous topic overlaps during the conversation
- one or more participate speaks at the same time
- utterance which does not follow the rules of written grammer
3. If someone was to say 'er' and 'erm' what would they be doing?
- doing a flase start
- doing a micro-pause
4. What is an accent?
- the words that we use
- How you speak based on sound/ where you come from
- the way in which you bring up a topic
5. What is self-correction?
- immediate repetition of a word. phrase or clause
- mitigating the strength of a statement
- the amendment of a mistake - usually the wrong lexical choice by a speaker
- The repetition of a word or phrase