1. If someone was to say 'er' and 'erm' what would they be doing?
- doing a flase start
- doing a micro-pause
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is heading?
- using words like 'right' and 'you know'
- beating around the bush
- need for more than one attempt to utter a word or phrase
- sounds like 'erm' and 'er' to fill a pause
3. What involves moving from one topic to a related topic or from one aspect of the current topic of another?
4. What is overlapping?
- utterance which does not follow the rules of written grammer
- shortened expression
- one or more participate speaks at the same time
- previous topic overlaps during the conversation
5. What is the term for when a speaker begins a turn before stopping and then rephrases there answer?
- false start
- incorrect utterance