1. If someone was to say 'er' and 'erm' what would they be doing?
- doing a flase start
- doing a micro-pause
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is self-correction?
- mitigating the strength of a statement
- the amendment of a mistake - usually the wrong lexical choice by a speaker
- immediate repetition of a word. phrase or clause
- The repetition of a word or phrase
3. What is overlapping?
- shortened expression
- previous topic overlaps during the conversation
- one or more participate speaks at the same time
- utterance which does not follow the rules of written grammer
4. What is an accent?
- How you speak based on sound/ where you come from
- the way in which you bring up a topic
- the words that we use
5. What is heading?
- need for more than one attempt to utter a word or phrase
- using words like 'right' and 'you know'
- beating around the bush
- sounds like 'erm' and 'er' to fill a pause