1. What involves abandoning the current topic in favor of a new unrelated topic?
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What involves moving from one topic to a related topic or from one aspect of the current topic of another?
3. What is dialect?
- the words that we use
- the words only some people use
- how you speak
- they way only some people speak
4. What is heading?
- using words like 'right' and 'you know'
- sounds like 'erm' and 'er' to fill a pause
- beating around the bush
- need for more than one attempt to utter a word or phrase
5. If someone was to say 'er' and 'erm' what would they be doing?
- doing a flase start
- doing a micro-pause