1. What is dialect?
- they way only some people speak
- the words that we use
- how you speak
- the words only some people use
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is self-correction?
- immediate repetition of a word. phrase or clause
- the amendment of a mistake - usually the wrong lexical choice by a speaker
- The repetition of a word or phrase
- mitigating the strength of a statement
3. What involves moving from one topic to a related topic or from one aspect of the current topic of another?
4. What is overlapping?
- utterance which does not follow the rules of written grammer
- shortened expression
- one or more participate speaks at the same time
- previous topic overlaps during the conversation
5. What involves abandoning the current topic in favor of a new unrelated topic?