- Created by: mint75
- Created on: 26-04-15 20:18
1. What did the case study of HM show?
- Different brain regions are important for memory, of which there are different types
- Evidence for retrograde amnesia
- Evidence for anterograde amnesia
- That STM and LTM can be damaged independently
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are the two types of LTM?
- Explicit memory (factual knowledge + personal exp.) and Implicit memory (Long term memories of conditioned responses+learned skills
- Episodic memory (impersonal facts and everyday knowledge), Semantic memory (Personal experiences linked with specific times and places)
- Explicit memory (Long term memories of conditioned responses and learned skills), Implicit memory (factual knowledge and personal experiences)
- Semantic memory (impersonal facts and everyday knowledge), Episodic memory (Personal experiences linked with specific times and places)
3. What is eyewitness transference?
- A failure to encode faces
- The face is familiar, but the situation remembered in is incorrect
- There is no familiarity and no memory of a face
- There is familiarity of a face but no real memory
4. What is retrograde amnesia?
- Having impaired LTM for past and future events
- The disruption of memories from the past, especially episodic memory
- The inability as adults to remember information prior to 3 years old, due to incomplete hippocampal development
- The inability to form new, explicit long term memories, resulting from hippocampal damage
5. Which tasks did amnesiac pps perform best at?
- Implicit memory tasks, at a similar level to the controls
- Free recall tasks
- Explicit memory tasks