1. What is the serial position effect?
- It is hardest to recall items from the middle of the list, due to primacy and recency effects
- It is easier to recall info at the start as first items are studied the most
- It is easier to recall items from the end as they were last studied
- Items with a longer digit length are hardest to recall from a list due to the capacity of STM
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is proactive interference
- When concious processes such as speech interfere with the recall of information
- The tendency for previously learned recall to disrupt the recall of new information
- Interference caused by external stimuli e.g/ a loud sound
- The tendency for new information to disrupt the recall of previously learned information
3. Which of these is a major reason for forgetting memories in LTM?
- Similar co-occuring information
- Overload of information due to large capacity
- Retrieval failure
- Lack of attention
4. What is the digit span of STM?
- It has no digit span
- 9 digits
- 7+-2 digits
- 5 digits
5. Which tasks did amnesiac pps perform best at?
- Implicit memory tasks, at a similar level to the controls
- Free recall tasks
- Explicit memory tasks