1. Which tasks did amnesiac pps perform best at?
- Explicit memory tasks
- Implicit memory tasks, at a similar level to the controls
- Free recall tasks
1 of 11
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the digit span of STM?
- 5 digits
- It has no digit span
- 7+-2 digits
- 9 digits
3. Define temporary modality-specific storage
- The duration of memories in storage (STM limited, LTM infinite)
- Another word for Short term memory (STM)
- A basic property of sensory memory, each sense has a seperate store (iconic, haptic etc.)
- How long memories stay in sensory memory (a fraction of a second)
4. What did the case study of HM show?
- Different brain regions are important for memory, of which there are different types
- That STM and LTM can be damaged independently
- Evidence for retrograde amnesia
- Evidence for anterograde amnesia
5. What is the serial position effect?
- Items with a longer digit length are hardest to recall from a list due to the capacity of STM
- It is hardest to recall items from the middle of the list, due to primacy and recency effects
- It is easier to recall items from the end as they were last studied
- It is easier to recall info at the start as first items are studied the most