1. In Bulls & Wells (2002), what % of applause was uninvited due to direct response to speech content or misreading of rhetorical devices?
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. Was uninvited applause described by Atkinson?
3. What is a critique of Atkinsons (1984) analysis of rhetoric?
- Does not use comprehensive sampling- may not be representative of political speech making as a whole
- Does not use statistical tests to support claims and so lacks empirical support
- Does not use the correct populations and so may not be culturally relevent
- Based on selected extracts and has low internal validity
4. How does delivery affect applause according to Atkinson?
- Delivery increases the chance of a rhetorical device receiving applause
- Delivery indicates whether or not a rhetorical device is to be taken as an applause invitation
5. What may explain the remainder of applause in political speeches?
- Number of participants and audience members, delivery, negative naming, content
- Synchrony, speech content, uninvited applause, delivery, culture
- Biological motion, speech content, uninvited applause, delivery, culture
- Number of participants and audience members, delivery, culture, content