1. Which of these characterises non-interrogative syntax?
- Declarative, moodless, indirect
- Moodless, indirect, Yes/no/polar
- Yes/no/polar, alternative/disjunctive, wh-/interrogative word
- Yes/no/polar, alternative/disjunctive, indirect
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. In a study of audience participation by Bull (2003), what were there correlations between?
- CC questions and equivocation
- CC questions and ambiguity
- Equivocation and direct responses
- Direct responses and ambiguous questions
3. In Bulls & Wells (2002), what % of applause was synchronised with speech suggesting Atkinson overestimates synchrony?
4. Which two devices made up the majority of collective applause in Heritage & Greatbatch (1986)?
- Lists and negative naming
- Lists and headline-punchlines
- Contrasts and lists
- Contrasts and negative naming
5. What may explain the remainder of applause in political speeches?
- Number of participants and audience members, delivery, culture, content
- Biological motion, speech content, uninvited applause, delivery, culture
- Synchrony, speech content, uninvited applause, delivery, culture
- Number of participants and audience members, delivery, negative naming, content