1. How does delivery affect applause according to Atkinson?
- Delivery increases the chance of a rhetorical device receiving applause
- Delivery indicates whether or not a rhetorical device is to be taken as an applause invitation
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. How much of collective applause was associated with 7 rhetorical devices?
3. Which of these characterises non-interrogative syntax?
- Moodless, indirect, Yes/no/polar
- Declarative, moodless, indirect
- Yes/no/polar, alternative/disjunctive, indirect
- Yes/no/polar, alternative/disjunctive, wh-/interrogative word
4. In Bulls & Wells (2002), what % of applause was uninvited due to direct response to speech content or misreading of rhetorical devices?
5. In Bull et al (1996s) analysis of face threats in political interviews, what were the three superordinate categories?
- Personal face, face of the party they represent, face of significant others
- Conflictual face, personal face, impersonal face
- Non-conflictual face, personal face, impersonal face
- Face of the party they represent, face of significant others, conflictual face