1. In Bull et al (1996s) analysis of face threats in political interviews, to CC questions what was the modal response?
- Ambiguous response
- Direct response
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. Was uninvited applause described by Atkinson?
3. How does delivery affect applause according to Atkinson?
- Delivery increases the chance of a rhetorical device receiving applause
- Delivery indicates whether or not a rhetorical device is to be taken as an applause invitation
4. Which of these characterises interrogative syntax?
- Yes/no/polar, alternative/disjunctive, wh-/interrogative word
- Moodless, indirect, Yes/no/polar
- Declarative, moodless, indirect
- Yes/no/polar, alternative/disjunctive, indirect
5. How much of collective applause was associated with 7 rhetorical devices?