1. Are forced choice paradigms and language of emotion valid criticisms of the NCM?
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. What do cases of paralysis suggest?
- Support the NCM distinction between spontaneous and voluntary facial expressions
- Support the NCM distinction between learned/posed expressions
3. What is the innate hypothesis, proposed by Darwin (1872)?
- Facial expressions are universal and understandable in terms of evolution
- There are 6 basic expressions with nx complex emotions
- There are 6 basic emotions which can be modified by cultural display routines and two core types of expression, innate/spontaneous and learned/posed.
- There are two core types of expression, innate/spontaneous and learned/posed which can be affected by display rules
4. What are the 4 cultural display routines proposed by Ekman (1972)?
- Divergence, amplification, concealment, substitution
- Attenuation, discontinuation, convergence and amplification
- Attenuation, amplification, concealment, substitution
- Discontinuation, amplification, submission and convergence
5. What are 4 methods of deception detection?
- Morphology, timing, symmetry, cohesion
- Microexpressions, micromanagement, cohesion, imbalance
- Timing, asymmetry, covergence/divergence, EEG
- Morphology, convergence/divergence, microexpressions, sphericity