1. What did Duncan and Fiske (1985) find a correlation between?
- Fillers/pauses and smooth speaker switches (a negative relationship)
- Number of turn-yielding cues and smooth speaker switches
- Grammatical errors and turn-taking
- Number of hand gestures and smooth speaker switches
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which female accent was rated the highest in Smith & Workman (2008)?
3. What is the main idea behind Communication Accomodation theory?
- Individuals may be evaluated more favourably by reducing dissimilarities
- Individuals may be evaluated more favourably by increasing dissimilarities
4. Which of these is characteristic of a turn-yielding cue?
- Listener responses
- Rise/fall pitch at end of clause
- Informal conversation
- Hand gesture
5. What were the 4 dimensions in typology of interruptions by Roger, Bull and Smith (1988)?
- Successful v.s unsuccessful and turn yielding v.s turn taking
- Simple v.s complex and successful v.s unsuccessful
- Simple v.s complex and turn yielding v.s turn taking
- Successful v.s turn-taking and unsuccessful v.s turn-yielding