1. Which theory is communication accomodation theory based on?
- Simulation theory
- Communicative conflict theory
- Communicative theory of equivocation
- Speech accomodation theory
- Theory theory
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is speech equivocation?
- The result of any communicative situation
- ALWAYS occurs in response to communicative conflicts
- Intentional use of imprecise language
- To what extent a response is the users own opinion
3. What was the main finding from Fuertes et al (2012)?
- Standard accents rated highest on ALL dimensions
- Non-standard accents rated higher on dynamism and solidarity but not on status
- Non-standard accents rated higher on ALL dimensions
- Standard accents rated higher on status and dynamism but not on solidarity
4. What is the main idea behind Communication Accomodation theory?
- Individuals may be evaluated more favourably by reducing dissimilarities
- Individuals may be evaluated more favourably by increasing dissimilarities
5. If a welsh persons reasons for studying welsh were attacked by an english speaker and they increase their welsh accent, what is this an example of?
- Optimal convergence
- Optimal divergence