1. What were the dimensions used in Fuertes et al (2012) meta analysis of standard and non-standard accents?
- Status, solidarity and dynamism
- Status, dynamism and prestige
- Prestige, dynamism and order
- Dynamism, order and status
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the main idea behind Communication Accomodation theory?
- Individuals may be evaluated more favourably by reducing dissimilarities
- Individuals may be evaluated more favourably by increasing dissimilarities
3. Which female accent was rated the highest in Smith & Workman (2008)?
4. What did Duncan and Fiske (1985) find a correlation between?
- Fillers/pauses and smooth speaker switches (a negative relationship)
- Number of turn-yielding cues and smooth speaker switches
- Grammatical errors and turn-taking
- Number of hand gestures and smooth speaker switches
5. What were the 4 dimensions in typology of interruptions by Roger, Bull and Smith (1988)?
- Successful v.s unsuccessful and turn yielding v.s turn taking
- Successful v.s turn-taking and unsuccessful v.s turn-yielding
- Simple v.s complex and successful v.s unsuccessful
- Simple v.s complex and turn yielding v.s turn taking