1. As people get older they exhibit the positive memory bias which is...?
- Their retrieval of all emotional memories is suppressed
- They become depressed and retrieve more negative memories
- They try to maintain wellbeing and recall more positive than negative memories
- Their retrieval of emotional memories does not change
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. A smaller ___ is associated with people who develop PTSD after a stressful event?
- Basal ganglia
3. What is a long-term stress hormone released from the adrenal gland?
4. Automatic encoding of emotion...?
- Facilitates consolidation
- Facilitates retrieval
- Impacts STM
- Only impacts LTM
5. In a study of tree shrews, what does stress from their natural environments cause?
- Impairs amygdala functioning
- Reduces axon branching in the hippocampus
- Facilitates synaptic growth in the hippocampus
- Causes programmed cell death in the hippocampus