1. Automatic encoding of emotion...?
- Impacts STM
- Only impacts LTM
- Facilitates consolidation
- Facilitates retrieval
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. In a study of tree shrews, what does stress from their natural environments cause?
- Impairs amygdala functioning
- Reduces axon branching in the hippocampus
- Facilitates synaptic growth in the hippocampus
- Causes programmed cell death in the hippocampus
3. What was found in a study of emotional valence and arousal?
- Better recall of highly arousing images and negative recalled better than positive. 1 year later, highly arousing negative best recalled
- No differences in arousal but positive recalled better than negative. 1 year later highly arousing positive recalled best
- Better recall of highly arousing images but no differences between positive and negative. 1 year later, highly arousing best recalled
- Better recall of highly arousing images and positive recalled better than negative. 1 year later, highly arousing positive best recalled
4. A smaller ___ is associated with people who develop PTSD after a stressful event?
- Basal ganglia
5. What is a long-term stress hormone released from the adrenal gland?