1. Stimulus of the amygdala AFTER encoding...
- Facilitates hippocampus consolidation
- Is correlated with emotional understanding and TOM
- Decreases activation in other emotion areas
- Increases empathy
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is an example of state dependent retrieval?
- People developing an unconcious aversion to alcohol after experiencing aversive events whilst drinking
- People being able to recall drunk memories only when they are drunk
- People being able to recall drunk memories easily
- People being unable to recall drunk memories unless prompted
3. What is the Velten technique of mood induction?
- TMS is used to stimulate motor cortex during induction of different emotional states
- Pps mood is implictly manipulated through odor presentation e.g fear sweat
- Pps read self referential statements designed to make them happy or sad
- MEPs are recorded from muscle groups associated with positive and negative emotions
4. What is used to measure effects of emotional valence and arousal longitudinally?
- Subliminal priming
- Implicit associations task
- International affective pictures
- Emotional stroop task
5. As people get older they exhibit the positive memory bias which is...?
- They try to maintain wellbeing and recall more positive than negative memories
- They become depressed and retrieve more negative memories
- Their retrieval of emotional memories does not change
- Their retrieval of all emotional memories is suppressed