1. The effect of arousal on memory is only observed...?
- Can only effect the memory for emotional stimuli
- When arousal is influenced by negative events
- Increased arousal can facilitate recall of positive, negative and neutral stimuli (like numbers)
- When arousal is influenced by positive events
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. In a study using identical twins and combat trauma experience...?
- The small hippocampus twin with combat experience was most likely to develop PTSD
- The large hippocampus twin with combat experience was most likely to develop PTSD
- Both twins with small hippocampi will develop PTSD
- Both twins with large hippocampi will develop PTSD
3. In a study of tree shrews, what does stress from their natural environments cause?
- Causes programmed cell death in the hippocampus
- Reduces axon branching in the hippocampus
- Impairs amygdala functioning
- Facilitates synaptic growth in the hippocampus
4. What is an issue with explicit mood manipulation techniques?
- Pps may make a concious effort to resist mood manipulation
- Pps may actively select mood congruent information from memory
- Pps may not understand the task and
- Pps may conceal their true emotions
5. Which influences memory consolidation more?
- Perceptual valence
- Semantic salience
- Emotional valence