1. What is a key issue in arousal and memory?
- Whether arousal really affects memory
- Whether emotion and arousal can be disassociated
- Whether general levels or arousal v.s the kind of emotion that is having the effect
- Whether emotion really affects memory
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which influences memory consolidation more?
- Semantic salience
- Emotional valence
- Perceptual valence
3. Automatic encoding of emotion...?
- Facilitates consolidation
- Only impacts LTM
- Facilitates retrieval
- Impacts STM
4. As people get older they exhibit the positive memory bias which is...?
- They try to maintain wellbeing and recall more positive than negative memories
- Their retrieval of all emotional memories is suppressed
- They become depressed and retrieve more negative memories
- Their retrieval of emotional memories does not change
5. What is a flashbulb memory?
- A 'print now' in memory system for important events. Emotional salience doesnt matter
- A 'print now' in memory system for emotionally salient, highly arousing and important events. They are unique relative to other memories
- Accurate and highly detailed memories of highly arousing events (negative)
- Inaccurate but highly detailed memories of low arousal events (negative)