1. In a study of tree shrews, what does stress from their natural environments cause?
- Reduces axon branching in the hippocampus
- Facilitates synaptic growth in the hippocampus
- Impairs amygdala functioning
- Causes programmed cell death in the hippocampus
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which influences memory consolidation more?
- Emotional valence
- Semantic salience
- Perceptual valence
3. In a study using identical twins and combat trauma experience...?
- Both twins with large hippocampi will develop PTSD
- The large hippocampus twin with combat experience was most likely to develop PTSD
- The small hippocampus twin with combat experience was most likely to develop PTSD
- Both twins with small hippocampi will develop PTSD
4. Stimulus of the amygdala AFTER encoding...
- Facilitates hippocampus consolidation
- Is correlated with emotional understanding and TOM
- Decreases activation in other emotion areas
- Increases empathy
5. As people get older they exhibit the positive memory bias which is...?
- They try to maintain wellbeing and recall more positive than negative memories
- They become depressed and retrieve more negative memories
- Their retrieval of emotional memories does not change
- Their retrieval of all emotional memories is suppressed